Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 30th, 2015 18:00

audio bus and audio service will not start. I did the diagnostics test and the music played but still no sound comes from computer. it is an inspiron E1705 running windows xp. Error code is ofoo: 13 6c

There is no sound coming from the laptop.  I cannot start the audio service using the {services.msc.} .....it will give error and says it started but suddenly stopped.  I also tried to install and uninstall the driver.   

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 31st, 2015 05:00

"Error code ofoo: 13 6c"

Where did you see that error code? It does not look like a Dell 32-bit Diagnostics code.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 31st, 2015 05:00

also tried to install and uninstall the driver.   

Was it the Sigmatel audio driver or the Creative Labs driver? The reason I ask is because the Creative Labs driver can only be installed after the Sigmatel driver is already installed. A failed attempt to install the Ctreative Labs driver will cause the audio service to fail.

If that is what has happened with your laptop, create a System Restore point, then go to Start>Run and type regedit to open the Registry editor. Navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Audiosrv
and in the DependOnService line remove all entries except RpcSs [double click on the line DependOnService to open the edit box for that line] and then restart the computer.

No Events found!