Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

P

8 Posts

May 29th, 2008 20:00

back ordered 6cell batteries

Hi,

Does anyone know how long back orders take.  I just called dell regarding my computer xps 1530.  I ordered it 5/5/08 and it is still in the build stage with a back order on the 6cell battery.  I am getting nervous because I will be leaving on vacation soon.  They said it should be  ready to ship by the ESD 6/4/08.  Which means I will get it a day before I leave, which is really cutting it too close for comfort.  I wasn't worried before because dell always ships early, well now I am getting worried and discouraged.

8 Posts

May 29th, 2008 22:00

I have got mail two days ago and they send me this massage. I ask for 6 cell batteries if they are in stock. the answer is:" I have checked the records and I can see that all the parts are in stock. Your laptop will be built as soon as possible."

my ESD is 6/3/2008  

8 Posts

May 29th, 2008 22:00

so i dont know where is the true:smileysad:

8 Posts

May 29th, 2008 23:00

Hi rip79,

I am with you.  Thank you for your post.  I called dell again after reading your post and got a different person and he said all my parts were there and my computer should be shipped by ESD 6/4.  I don't know what kind of help they hire, but they are not looking at the same information before reporting to the customer anxiously awaiting their computer.

Thanks for your post, it gave me hope and made me re-call dell to talk with someone different. :smileytongue:

1 Rookie

• 

39 Posts

May 30th, 2008 16:00

I ordered my laptop on May 9th with the ESD of May 27th.  On the 27th I recieved an email that my laptop had been delayed due due the 6 cell batteries being on a 30 day back order.  I was very mad that my laptop could be delayed for 30 days, but then yesterday, May 29th, I called the order status phone line and my laptop has been shipped.  I should get mine tomorrow if they ship on weekends or Monday if they don't.  Since you ordered yours before me, then you must have some kind of other delay because I have the same kind of battery as you and mine has been shipped.  Good luck.
No Events found!