Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2013 13:00

dell 5521 15R touch pad is getting warm

i have dell 5521 15R and its touch pad is getting warm and sometimes it is getting hot after updating the bios to the latest version and then i downgraded bios version but still i have the same problem :emotion-7:
i don't know what to do with it 

please help

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

August 25th, 2013 20:00

Hi moe313,

I am sorry for the inconvenience, please clean the air vents using the can of compressed air. Always use the laptop on a flat surface.

In addition try running the hardware diagnostics by tapping the F12 key on a few times during startup until you see the ‘One Time Boot Menu’ appear.

At the one time boot menu, press the down arrow key to highlight ‘Diagnostics’, and then press Enter to begin the hardware diagnostics.

If the test fails, please make a note of any error codes listed. You can also refer to the link below. 

http://dell.to/OUGnqT

Let me know about the progress.

7 Posts

August 27th, 2013 03:00

Hi DELL-SENTHI S,

i cleaned the air vents and i made the diagnostics test and it showed me no error (passed)
and still i'm having the same problem
i don't know what to do 

please help

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

August 29th, 2013 03:00

Hi moe313,

Please let me know if it only the touchpad which is overheating. Also let me know if the system is shutting down when the touchpad overheats. Please check if any other parts are overheating.

7 Posts

August 29th, 2013 12:00

Hi DELL-SENTHILL S,

thanks for answering me back :)

my system doesn't shut down when the touchpad is over heating. the only thing that overheats is the touchpad and the ram which is under the touchpad. so i now i don't know if the heating mainly from the touchpad or the ram. i also cleaned the air vent under the touchpad but nothing happened.
as i told you before that the problem started when i updated my bios version from A08 to A09 and then i found the touchpad part is heating so i downgraded it to A08 but the problem didn't get solved. i even re installed windows 8.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

August 30th, 2013 04:00

Hi moe313,

Please use one RAM at a time and check if the touchpad is overheating. Please refer to the user manual to remove the RAM in the link below.

http://bit.ly/UB7A3C

Check with both the RAM’s in the laptop.

Let us know about the progress.

7 Posts

August 30th, 2013 09:00

Hi DELL-SENTHIL S,
i hope that you are in great health.

i had did what you asked me, but the touchpad temperature was the same but i there was a chip beside the ram this chip is directly under the touchpad and it's temperature was so hight i couldnt event touch it , maybe it is the reason why the touchpad is overheating,
so please tell me what should i do now

thank you,

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

September 1st, 2013 07:00

Hi moe313,

Please send me the system service tag or express service code through a private chat, so that I can help you further. 

Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details. 

No Events found!