Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

January 6th, 2016 20:00

dell Studio1558 Black screen, Monitor proplem Msg: Error code 2000-0321. Msg: Unable to detect LCD

Problem: computer won't start, black screen, everything else is running.

LCD Bist test (d+power) works just fine. Then again black screen.

I connected external LCD (pressed fn+f8 on start up) and was able to see the windows logo then blue screen announced that video driver crashed.

System test (fn+power) Gives Monitor problem Msg: Error code 2000-0321. Msg: Unable to detect LCD. Finally I was able to start windows after I uninstalled ati video drivers. The red vertical lines appeared.

Tried installing multiple times different video drivers with the same result: blue screen- video driver failed.

Once windows starts normally on the laptop screen with standart video drivers. After restarting the system I have to use external lcd again.

I will appreciate any advise or suggestion. Thx

Dell studio 1558

Intel i5 m450

Ati Radeon hd 5470

500 gb Samsung

Bios a12

Gpu cpu temperature is normal

January 7th, 2016 06:00

Hi, 

Thanks for writing to us. 

When did the trouble start?

What windows is system running on??

Can we please try in safemode. Looks to be kind of tricky situation as the test failed on LCD but again video drivers crashed error bring up a confused situation. 

Regards

9 Posts

January 7th, 2016 07:00

Hello,

Thank you for the prompt response.

The problem started about 3 weeks ago as a continuous video driver failure ( blue screen, stikmpag.sys, dxgkrnl.sys ,dxgmms1.sys) and then escalated to the black screen.

Today I repeated LCD test (d+ Power). The laptop screen went through the series of collar screens and went black again. I was forced to restart it by pressing power button.

I am able to start and use windows on the external LCD monitor with standard VGA video driver ( with vertical lines). The laptop could be started in the safemode with external LCD attached.

I have win 7 sp1 64 bit. All important windows updates were recently installed. Should I install any optional updates? If yes, which one?

Am I experiencing hardware or software problem?

Any advise pls

Regards

January 8th, 2016 19:00

Hi, Nice to hear from you. 

""The laptop could be started in the safemode with external LCD attached. ""

This symptom is very confusing, keeping in mind the LCD test passed. 

once the system loads into safemode on external LCD, can you disconnect the LCD and observe if the display shows up on the laptop screen. 

Simultaneously if you recall when the issue started, do a system restore to a previous date from the external LCD and let us know if it worked.

Regards

January 10th, 2016 20:00

Hi,
We are awaiting your response

Regards

9 Posts

January 14th, 2016 09:00

Hello,

I restarted windows in the safe mode with the same result - black screen.

After multiple installations of the drivers and updates I don't have system restore point to the previous date from the external LCD.

Currently I use my laptop only with external LCD, very inconvenient.

If I'll restore my laptop to the original Win 7 installation thought system restore point, will it help?

Is there any way to check Radeon HD 5470 ? Could video card failure cause this problem?

Regards

9 Posts

January 25th, 2016 12:00

Hello,

I restarted windows in the safe mode with the same result - black screen.

After multiple installations of the drivers and updates I don't have system restore point to the previous date from the external LCD.

Currently I use my laptop only with external LCD, very inconvenient.

If I'll restore my laptop to the original Win 7 installation thought system restore point, will it help?

Is there any way to check Radeon HD 5470 ? Could video card failure cause this problem?

Regards

9 Posts

January 27th, 2016 10:00

Any valuable advise or suggestion will be appreciated.

I need Your Help!

Please Help !

No Events found!