Highlighted

dell inspiron 15 3520 packup and recovery partition

my dell inspiron 15 3520 packup and recovery partition was deleted recently  by an error  
and the hard was totally formated
and i wana help to restore my lab to its factory image
it is still in the warranty
i need urgent help please 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
ejn63
Diamond

Re: dell inspiron 15 3520 packup and recovery partition

If that partition is gone and you did not prepare recovery media (DVDs or flash drive) you're out of luck.

You'll need to call Dell for a Windows disc to do the reinstall.

0 Kudos

Hi Abdallah,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

The Dell Datasafe Restore and Emergency Backup Option normally helps take the system to its factory image state however, if the Recovery Partition has been deleted from your system then the only option left would be to do a clean installation of the Windows Operating System.

Do you get any error message on startup? The following link has steps for Dell Datasafe Restore however, as mentioned earlier, this will only be helpful if the recovery partition has not been erased completely.

http://dell.to/KzKMKG

Hope this is helpful.

Please reply in case you have any further questions.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

0 Kudos

Hi Abdallah,

Unfortunately, we have not received feedback from you on this topic. Please respond to my post if you need continued support.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

0 Kudos

hi  " DELL-Babita S"  i am sorry for not answering to you  

i was unlucky this instructions arenot helpful because  the recovery partition has been erased completely

and i need to restore my system factory image for windows 8 and dell recovery

i need your help

please tell me what to do?

0 Kudos
ejn63
Diamond

If you have not made a set of backup DVDs or a flash drive, you'll need to call Dell for a windows 8 disc.

0 Kudos

Hi Abdallah,

If the system is not booting to Windows, please run the diagnostics to confirm if the problem is hardware or software-related.

Turn on the computer and tap the <F12> key several times at the Dell logo screen. This will start the One-Time Boot Menu. Select Diagnostics to start the diagnostic assessment of the computer hardware.

We need to determine whether the problem is OS-related or with the hard drive, so that we can accordingly help resolve the issue.

If you see any error code, please reply with the same.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

0 Kudos

there is no error codes

but when i try to install   windows  from a cd it gives me the full hard drive size as unlocated space  

and this means that all the partitions including the recovery partition has beeb fully erased

0 Kudos

Hi Abdallah,

Thank you for your reply.

Typically, unallocated space means space on the drive that has not been "allocated" to a partition nor formatted. Basically, it is space that has not been setup to be used by the computer yet. Since you do not see any recovery partition listed, the recovery partition may have been deleted as mentioned by you in your earlier post.

If you wish, you may go ahead with the installation of Windows. It will be a clean installation and all the data on your computer may have been erased already. You may also need to re-install all third-party bundled software which came with your system as the Clean Installation will install only the Operating System.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

0 Kudos

Hi DELL-Babita S

Thank you for your reply.

sorry what is meant by all third-party bundled software??

i already installed windows but i think it is not an original cd  , and i need to have the original windows that came with my labtop and to have the recovery parition again

is there any way tohave it again ??

if you have aback up of an inspiron 3520  can you upload it and i will download it ??

if you can upload it please upload it please upload it please upload it on  putlocker

if you can do this i would be very grateful to you

please tell me  what to do

0 Kudos