Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2009 13:00

dell inspiron 1525 supports a 5.1 audio system ??

hey, i own a dell inspiron 1525 and i want to buy a speaker system.. so i am wondering does the 1525 inspiron with the 3 jacks in the front support the 5.1 audio system..??

thank you for your support..

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

November 15th, 2009 15:00

That's an interesting question. The 1525 Owner's Manual indicates that it just has stereo sound, but it has a 5.1 audio chip (Sigmatel STAC 9228). That particular chip is the same one that produces 5.1 audio in the  XPS 1330 & M1530 & M1730, and those models have the 2 headphone jacks like yours does.

The way you initiate surround sound is to first plug in the rear speaker to the microphone jack. Try doing that with any speaker that has a 1/8" plug. If you don't see a menu pop up on the screen then look through the audio settings. If you cannot find a setting to make the mic jack the rear speaker jack then you probably do not have surround sound through the jacks. If you can find the setting or you see the pop up menu, then I think you do have it and can go ahead and buy the 5.1 speakers. But to be on the safe side get them from a store with a good return policy.

November 17th, 2009 12:00

thank you for your fast reply.. i already bought the system because it was on a special offer.. and it worked fine.. thank you..
Dell is the best..

1 Message

March 14th, 2012 05:00

i am not getting my center speaker to play need setting

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 14th, 2012 07:00

i am not getting my center speaker to play need setting

The way you initiate surround sound is to first plug in the black rear speaker cable to the microphone jack. Then a configuration dialog should pop up, giving the status of which connectors are plugged in to each jack.  If you don't see the menu pop up on the screen then look through the audio settings.Make sure your Sigmatel audio driver is installed.

Next plug in the center speaker's cable to the left headphone jack.

Next plug in the front speaker's cable to the right headphone jack.

After you connect all 3 cables if everything works except the center speaker, then either the speakers is not working or there is a bad connection. Make sure that your audio has surround content, such as a dvd movie with 5.1 audio.

No Events found!