Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2013 14:00

dell inspiron laptop

I recently bought a Dell Inspiron laptop and am disappointed in any many ways. I wish it had an arrow to go back a page.

When I'm working on the computer, the cursor jumps all over the place without me touching it. It didn't come with any instructions not even showing you where things are and what they are for.I finally dl'd something today to help me. I had a Dell desktop years ago and loved it but I sure wish I had kept my Toshiba laptop. I am using Win 7.

AudgeB

1.8K Posts

March 27th, 2013 19:00

Hi AudgeB,

Please share the system model. 

You may uninstall the touchpad driver of your computer from the ‘Device Manager’ and then re-install it by following the steps below:

• Click on “Start” and right click on “Computer”.
  • Click on “Manage”.
  • Click on “Device Manager”.
  • Under “Mice and other pointing devices”, you will find the touchpad driver listed.
  • Right click on it and click on “uninstall” and check the box to delete the software.
  • Restart your system
  • Click on the link: http://dell.to/QjjZDA
  • Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system.
  • You will find the touchpad driver under “Input”.
  • Click on the touchpad driver depending on the touchpad your system has. 
  • Download and install the driver by following the onscreen instructions.
  • Restart your computer. 

Once done, you may try changing the touchpad settings by clicking the touchpad icon in notification area. You may also access the manual of your computer from the support website (support.dell.com). Under 'Product Support' you would find an option for manual.

Please share the findings. 
No Events found!