Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 10th, 2010 18:00

dell studio 1555 keyboard not working

for an unknown reason my laptop keyboard on my laptop stopped working completely out of nowhere i have to use my on screen keyboard does any one know whats  happening. im using dell studio 1555 on windows 7 ultimate

1 Message

September 25th, 2010 12:00

Hi I had the same problem and poking around in the forum a bit I found the answer. You need to shut down your Studio 15 laptop. Unplug power cord and take out the battery. Then hold down the Power on button for approx 30 secs. Once done replace the battery and power cord and start up as normal. The problem should now be solved. It handled it for me.

2 Posts

September 12th, 2010 17:00

The same thing has happened to my laptop today. I had been using it, then all of a sudden I couldn't type anything using the keyboard. We attached an external keyboard and it works using that. If you find out anything, please let me know. My email address is: <ADMIN NOTE:Email id removed per privacy policy> Hope you hear something soon! I'm using Windows 7, also.

Laura

1 Message

December 7th, 2010 18:00

Thanks so much! Worked great.

1 Message

April 25th, 2011 19:00

I had  the same problem with my laptop & it was a great help so thank you for the same

2 Posts

July 5th, 2011 21:00

Thanks for the advice it worked well for me !!  I was really depressed thinking I press some wrong key or download a wrong programme.. Thanks again!!

2 Posts

July 5th, 2011 21:00

I had the same issue...expent long long time trying all kind of tricks..nothing work...I had to use the on screen keyboard to finally get the answer in this site... I follow the instructions, unplug the laptop, hold the power down botton for 5 seconds ( I did it twice just in case) removed the battery, then replaced the battery, plugged in the laptop and re-started in....I was praying to God to have this problem solved...!!!!   Well thanks to the good advice froote usm fall_out_boy1  and few others I can write this note using the keyword !!!

Thanks and enjoy your Dell Laptop !!!

1 Message

July 11th, 2011 10:00

This worked for me! Thanks for your dilligent research!

1 Message

July 12th, 2011 07:00

Hi, This was worked for me as well

thanks for posting this and did anyone found the reason why this is happening?

2 Posts

July 16th, 2011 10:00

hi guys, unfortunately i'm not able to tell you why is this happening but  it is appening to me aswell.

some days ago my keyboard started to go crazy, it was not able anymore to distinguish "g" from "v" and many more letters, it looked like some keys were staying pushed, many keys were not working and sometimes the mouse pad didn't work neither. then i tryed to reboot it and at the start up it started to "beep" like if i was keeping many keys pushed. now apart from the many beeps it does at the start up, and some key wich gets stuck it is working pretty fine, but i would like to solve the keys and beeps problems. i don't know if the issue is the same of yours, but unfortunately the "plug the battery off and press the turn on button for 30 secs" did not work.

please help me with any guess you got.

thank you all

1 Message

July 24th, 2011 20:00

it worked great, you're awsome!!!

1 Message

October 7th, 2011 06:00

This was a great solution and worked for me also....for about six months..it then happened again, and the solution worked..for about two days, now it does not work, nothing works...this is MADDENING...I'm using an onscreen keyboard on a thousand dollar "laptop".  DELL, I think by  now you know this is a BUG....... can you maybe grab a couple guys who work on sending daily sales emails and have them work on this problem?

7 Posts

October 22nd, 2011 06:00

Hi to all 

i just find this post after two days of stress because from time to time one or more from my keys from dell studio 15 stopped working 

after many ours of interviewing my 2 kids ( 3 and 1 years old ) if they spilled some liquid on my laptop and they said every time that noo noo :) i started to disassembly my keyboard 

and after i was took out the keyboard from laptop and i was having the keyboard in my hand i made a brake from "repairing the laptop" and search on the net for this kind of problem and i found the post 

now i am going to montage everything as soon as possible and try the power off method. 

I will write soon the result

:)

2 Posts

October 22nd, 2011 07:00

for me just worked to wait, probably for any wetness to dry out, and now i'm using the same keyboard again. no battery unplugging, no 30sec pushing, just waited a couple of days. i hope it's gonna work for you too...

7 Posts

thks

but i have removed the keyboard and was not wet

but who knows until monday no service is opened so i will wait until Monday.

thnks

7 Posts

Nope,

It does not work with this sollution of power off

still having the problem

any other sollutions ?

thank you

No Events found!