Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 11th, 2012 18:00

dell vostro 1400 wont detect battery and wont charge(cant detect the charger and advises to connect 65w charger)

now one day my dell suddenly wont charge and battery worked till it went flat and now is not even detected. as it stands now the system can power up on ac but wont charge and limits performance.

things i have tried include 

* the use of several genuine dell chargers that are compatible with the unit 

*powering down disconnecting battery and a/c including cmos battery and pressing and holding the power button for upto 5 min and still nothing

i now attempted to try a bios update or re-installation  but that has failed because the bios utility requires me to connect the battery and charger of which the system cant detect meaning i cant flash the bios unless some on has an idea on how the battery and charger check can be bypassed.

please advise 

thanks in advance

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

June 11th, 2012 20:00

First thing to try is another (or a new ) Dell AC adapter.  If that doesn't solve the problem, the mainboard needs repair or replacement.

46 Posts

June 11th, 2012 21:00

Have you tried using a different charger compatible to your Dell Vostro? Try to plug it in for at least an hour and see if it will charge in some way.

1 Message

December 6th, 2012 10:00

i kan easy make all kind of battery falts - this is a verry easy work - 100% gurantee 

no fee required

ple contact <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy> or call <ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>

im rizwan my lankan no is <ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>

No Events found!