Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 6th, 2012 20:00

hi...my dell inspiron 15 right/left buttons are not working.

please help me out... my left and right buttons are not working but the touchpad is working. i tried the trobleshooter setting but couldnt find gesture setting in dell touchpad option and the steps further in my lappy.. kindly guide what should be done further.

3.8K Posts

August 6th, 2012 21:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. I suggest you try uninstalling and reinstalling your touchpad drivers. To uninstall, click on start, right click on computer, click on properties, click on device manager, click on the symbol next to pointing devices, right click on the Touchpad Driver, and click on Uninstall, click ok to confirm. Once its removed do not restart your computer, log on to support.dell.com, click on Home users, drivers and downloads, enter your service tag ( or choose by system model ) to find drivers for your system. Download and install the touchpad drivers under Input. Restart your computer.

To check if the touchpad buttons are enabled, click on start, control panel, mouse, click on the Touchpad Image ( it may take some time to appear ) to bring up the touchpad settings, under Buttons check if its on or off.

Thank you.

2 Posts

August 6th, 2012 23:00

thank u so much fr ur guidance....actually the laptop fell down from the bed..thats why this has happened...shud i uninstall and re install the driver or approach the service centre?????can u please suggest me the best service centre in gurgaon???

3.8K Posts

August 7th, 2012 07:00

Hi,

If you have dropped your laptop the damage can be worse. You will need to have Accidental Coverage to have this fixed. I suggest you first reseat your touchpad flex cable first to see if that helps. Use the below link for help. Page 29.

support.dell.com/.../om_en.pdf

Thank you.

No Events found!