Highlighted
VickyVanP
Copper

how can i get the showing of "Extended battery life is activated" off my screen?

In the bottom right of my screen is a rectangular blue box that says Extended battery life activated, and it stays on the screen, in front of everything.  Even when I go online. Is not just on the task bar is above that on lower right. Drives me nuts - always on top and in the way. It does not allow clicking or right clicking on it.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
VickyVanP
Copper

Re: how can i get the showing of "Extended battery life is activated" off my screen?

0 Kudos
Mary G
Diamond

Re: how can i get the showing of "Extended battery life is activated" off my screen?

You need to say what model computer and operating system. That message appears on Laptops. This is the desktop forum. Try turning off Extended battery setting. See if anything in this thread helps-- en.community.dell.com/.../19404789.aspx

0 Kudos
Serene Wing
Copper

Annoying isn't it? Here's how to get rid:

• Press Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open Task Manager.
  • Click on the tab labelled "Processes".
  • Find the process named "quickset.exe", right click on it and select "End Process". Confirm the dialog that appears.

You are so awesome! Saved me from months of misery

0 Kudos
RBNZ
Copper

Thanks. It was a big help.

0 Kudos
madjayhawk
Copper

Thanks.  Worked for me. 

0 Kudos
raghavmehta
Copper

That's awesome man...you rock..

0 Kudos
edenilson
Copper

nice

0 Kudos
mamajava
Copper

Thank you ~ Thank you ~ Thank you ~ Thank you ~ Thank you ~ Thank you ~ Thank you ~ Thank you ~ It was driving me CRAZY!!

0 Kudos