Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

April 23rd, 2012 03:00

laptop plugged but wont charge

I have a Dell studio 1737 its about 3 years old i have been having some charging issues for a while now i bought a new battery and ac/power adapter from dell i even took it in to a repair shop and was told that the power port was fried and would need to replace it for $260. so i bought the replacement piece opened up my laptop to find the port and chip it is attached to, to look like it was in perfect shape but i replaced it anyway put my laptop back together just to have the same damn problem i never get any kind of error message like cant detect charger or battery, just a prompt that my battery is critically low, now i have both the battery and ac/power adapter in when the battery had a charge it powered on and ran just fine but now that it wont charge if i remove the battery it shows that the ac/power adapter is plugged in but when i reattach the battery it no longer shows that the ac/power adapter is plugged in please can anyone help this is driving me crazy the battery light is blinking red and i have tried many times to remove both battery and ac/power adapter and have had no luck i have even gone into the system stetting and checked for updates for both parts no my power port does not get hot neither does any other part of the laptop

Additional Details

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 23rd, 2012 04:00

Hi,

Welcome to the community

Did you replace the USB/AC Power Board? See attachment ;

If you replaced this part and same problem occurs it is possible there is something wrong in the motherboard. Try checking again the connections inside. Since this small piece connects to the motherboard.

Regards,

No Events found!