Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 2nd, 2013 17:00

my laptop doesn't start

hii,

i bought a laptop model inpirion special editionwith windows 8 befr few mnths...last night my pc was giving me trouble....so i tried to refresh n it restarted..but it showed that d drive in which windows is installed is locked..unlock it first and den try again..so i thought i might be a error so i tried it again..n also tried automatic repair bt suddenly it restarted and showed a error windows files r missing n error was 0xc000025...all my important files were in d drives...m really very tensed..all my projects were in d drives..so plzz help me n reply me fast...n as dell doesnt provide any windows dvd's..so i cant do anything..so plz help me..n try that i can get all my files back..tq

1.5K Posts

March 2nd, 2013 19:00

Hi rey148,

We can first of all, check for the hardware functionality by running hardware diagnostics on the system:

• Reboot and press F12 to enter the Boot Menu
  • When the boot device list appears, highlight Diagnostics and press Enter
  • The computer begins to run the Pre-boot System Assessment, a series of embedded diagnostics that perform initial testing on your system board, keyboard, hard drive, and display
  • In case any hardware component is bad, you will get a corresponding error.

If you don’t get any errors during diagnostics, you can check in safe mode. To boot in safe mode you may refer to the given link: http://bit.ly/15ZNKm4

Please share the findings.

2 Posts

March 2nd, 2013 21:00

okk..i have checkedall my hardwares diagnostics...every thing is gud...bt to start safe mode when i am pressing shift nothing z happening...n the next process u mentioned to enter in safe mode cant be helpful to me because as i mentioned u i cant open my windows..its stuck on boot screen saying some boots file r missing ..windows orrupted..reinstall it..bt wat can i do dell doesnt provide any of the windows dvd's...all my files r in my laptop..plzz give me a proper way to solve my problem..tq

1.5K Posts

March 3rd, 2013 21:00

Hi rey148,

Thank you for the response. As the hardware diagnostics passed, you can try to repair the operating system. If the system doesn't boot to OS, force enter Recovery by the following method:

• Shut down the computer
  • Power On the system
  • Power Off the system at Dell Logo with “rolling dots” at the bottom of the screen
  • Repeat steps 2-3 times so that it starts automatic repair.
  • Let automatic repair finish and then click ‘Troubleshoot’
  • Click ‘Advanced Options’
  • Click ‘Automatic Repair’

You can refresh your system in case the ‘Automatic Repair’ is not able to repair Windows 8.       

*Note: The apps that came with your PC or you installed from Windows Store will be re-installed, but any apps you installed from other websites and DVDs will be removed. Windows puts a list of the removed apps on your desktop after refreshing your PC.

If the above steps don’t work you can click ‘Dell Backup and Recovery’ and perform pc restore by following the steps below:

* Note: This step leads to complete data loss including pictures, music files, videos, documents and applications. Please disconnect any external peripherals as well.

• Click the ‘Dell Backup and Recovery’ icon
  • The system restarts and comes back up, click ‘Next’ on the Dell Backup and Recovery Screen
  • The system would be checked to see if the smart repair option can fix the issue, click ‘Next’ once this is done
  • You will be prompted to select the backup to be used, click the factory image option or select from one of the backups. Click ‘Next’
  • You will be prompted to back up your files, select ’No, Erase my files’
  • The system goes ahead and completes the restore of the operating system. Click Restart when prompted
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to setup the system with windows
Keep me posted with details.
No Events found!