Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 21st, 2012 08:00

my laptop is beeping at me and will not turn on

my dell inspiron m5030 will not turn on. i press  power  and it beeps at me 7 times over and over again. and dont stop. i had it on this morning then i put it to sleep. when i went to get back on it would just beep at me i need ti fix this. the screen stays black and dont do anything. it sounds like it wants to start up but ten it stops running and starts to beep plz help me

943 Posts

November 21st, 2012 09:00

Hi

Welcome to the community.

I would like to inform you 7 beep codes indicate processor failure and motherboard of the system has to be replaced. I would suggest you to remove the battery & disconnect the AC Adapter from the system and hold the power button down for 20 seconds, to discharge “Static Flea Power”, after that connect AC Adaptor and battery and restart your machine and check. If issue still persists and your system is under warranty, please provide me the Service tag or the Express Service code of the system in a private message.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

For further help you can also refer to the below mentioned link:

http://dell.to/WxxFki

Please reply if you have any further questions

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

1 Message

December 27th, 2013 16:00

Mine is doing the same thing please help me!

No Events found!