Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2013 20:00

replacement screen for xps 14z

My xps 14z is just a few weeks out of warranty and I need a replacement screen - unfortunately it will take 6 weeks for Dell to get me a new one. Is there any chance of getting a refurbished screen faster?? How can Dell fix it within a few days if you still have warranty on it but as soon it is out of warranty it can take up to 6 weeks?

1.1K Posts

March 6th, 2013 20:00

Hi Wolfgang R.,

Usually it does not take 6 weeks for a part to be shipped unless a part is in backlog. 

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag on a private message so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please reply for any further questions.

March 7th, 2013 15:00

I did send you a message with my service tag? any news?

March 20th, 2013 18:00

did you say you look into this or was that just a standard answer you give everyone? looking thru the forums it seems Dell personal are masters in copy/paste and don't really care about client needs.

1.1K Posts

March 20th, 2013 21:00

Hi Wolfgang R.,

I checked with the support and got a response that the replacement screen for your system is in backlog and it should be available in 6 to 8 weeks. However, let me see if there is anything that I can do for you. Thank you for your patience.

Please reply for any questions.

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

March 24th, 2013 23:00

Hi Wolfgang R,

I am replying on behalf of DELL-Vikram M. Unfortunately, the part is still in backlog; apologies for the inconvenience. . Looks like a rare-case situation with a longer backlog status (Doesn't happen normally though). It might take another 4-6 weeks.

I checked with the respective team; if you place an order, we might be able to get this expedited and you may receive the screen in 3-4 weeks.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

March 25th, 2013 00:00

how are you doing when the screen would be under warranty? also 6-8 weeks waiting period? main reason I bought Dell was that I was under the impression that I can get it fixed within short time not waiting 2 months for a replacement screen for a 1 ONE year old laptop!!!! Somebody from Dell rang me and I put the order thru about 3 weeks ago but nobody confirmed the order, nobody rang about payment method even so I asked for it. What's going on?  Why can't I get a refurbished screen??

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

March 25th, 2013 03:00

Hi Wolfgang R,

I understand your concern and apologies for the inconvenience. You've mentioned that you received a call from Dell and placed the order. I reviewed your account, however, I was not able to see any order no. If you have an order no. for the screen, you may send it via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) so that I can check the further course of action.

Please reply if you have any questions.

May 20th, 2013 19:00

Hi, I put another order in got charged on the credit card - but never got an order number and I am still waiting for the screen. that is 10 weeks later now!!!!!! any news

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

May 23rd, 2013 15:00

Hi Wolfgang R,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please provide the order # or Dell Purchase ID you received when you placed the order.

If you do not have the order #, forward the email you received while placing the order. In case you placed the order online, provide your email address as well.

Please send all this information through a private message. Please click on my name and click Start Conversation to send me a private message.

1 Message

September 10th, 2013 12:00

Hi,

I am also looking for Dell XPS 14Z screen. My warranty expired less than a month ago, when I called dell to see if I can purchase it from them I was told that it is out of stock and they don't know when they will have it available. I was suggested to check elsewhere like amazon.com. 

Any Dell rep that can help me in this regard and tell when this will be in stock?

Thanks,

Rizwan Hussain.

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

September 10th, 2013 13:00

Hi Rizwan Hussain,

I regert for the inconvenience.

If the warranty on the computer has expired, you may contact Expired warranty services for compatible part replacement:

Dell Expired warranty services (US): http://dell.to/1bMx5me

Please reply for further questions.

3 Posts

October 19th, 2013 21:00

Is there a compatible screen for xps 14z laptop. The jk32k screen available in dell spares is at $279 which is absolutely insane
No Events found!