Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 13th, 2011 00:00

touchpad scroll not working

hi

Dell Studio 1535 touchpad scroll not working.?

After replacing my old Hard drive with a new one and installing Windows 7, I lost my scroll function on my touchpad. I am not able to scroll either vertical or horizontal using touch pad. Please anyone help to fix this.

904 Posts

February 13th, 2011 02:00

Hi

You need to install the touchpad driver, ALPS driver

Depending on  the 32Bit/64Bit version of your windows 7 download the appropriate drivers

Alps TouchPad 32Bit

Alps TouchPad 64Bit

May 31st, 2012 12:00

Hi,  i have the same problem but with an Inspiron 1520.  Can you supply the 32bit driver please.

May 31st, 2012 13:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community

Surely we can assist you.

You need to go to Support.dell.com & Then http://tinyurl.com/c3o8g5s

Enter your service tag , select the Operating system as 32 Bit of your windows 7 and update the Drivers .

Thanks                                            

Peyush

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

June 4th, 2012 13:00

Thanks for the  info.  however, when I get to this location and enter my service tag it comes up with the Vista and XP operating systems (Vista was on the machine when I got it) and does not give me the option to change it to Windows 7.  Any help much appreciated.

June 5th, 2012 13:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community

You need to go to Support.dell.com & Then http://tinyurl.com/c3o8g5s

Enter your service tag , select the Operating system as 32 Bit of your windows and update the Drivers .

If your system went with Vista then please select Vista as your operating system to install the drivers .

As Inspiron 1520 is not designed with Windows 7 so u will need to install the vista drivers and it should work .

Thanks                                            

Peyush

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

No Events found!