Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 16th, 2012 23:00

turn off screen of laptop_dell xps_windows 7

how to turn off screen of laptop manually ?

i knw u can put time settings in power options but i want to control it by myself whenever i want.

anybody has solution ?

803 Posts

October 17th, 2012 02:00

Hi Amit,

As you are aware the system power options has an option to turn off the LCD after sometime, but there are no specific settings to turn it off manually as it was not provided by default on any of the Dell systems. I have researched about this issue and found few threads which provide few tools to turn off the LCD manually.

You will need to install the "Turn the LCD off.exe" application which allows you to turn it off manually. Please be informed it is not recommend to use this software as it was not designed to work on Dell systems.

Here are the links to download this software: http://bit.ly/xov5cm

For reference: http://bit.ly/V6a84V

Please reply if you have any further questions.

October 17th, 2012 14:00

hi satya

i think i got solution. just press f1 & it will display menu with 4 options. i selected last option- which turns off laptop screen & allow the projector screen to remain on

but as i dont have any projector  this works for me :)

803 Posts

October 18th, 2012 06:00

Hi Amit,

Thanks for sharing this information. This is more of a work around than a permanent solution but I'm glad this is working for you. You could also mark your post as verified as it may help other users.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

October 18th, 2012 16:00

yes correct its workaround

if u come across any permanent solution please post on this thrd itself - for other people with same issue

3.8K Posts

May 30th, 2013 12:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.        

No Events found!