Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

11 Posts

July 8th, 2020 21:00

ImageAssist v10 USB Key

Hi Dell Team,

We are currently using IA USB keys created from IA v8 install using "/forceinstalldomain /deploy" command line parameter and then created using Deploy-BETA tab.  It allowed us to have a bootable USB with a predefined network location of wim images and driver packs. The username and password for the share are also stored on the key.  It simplifies deployment and saves time. You can manually map network shares in IA v10  USB key but you need to type all these parameters every time you deploy or test the image. 

Are there any plans to have this option implemented in v10?

52 Posts

July 9th, 2020 05:00

Hello Naydonov, 

Great to hear that you like the deploy features of DIA ver 8. The new release of DiaX does not have that feature set as of yet. The beta test was in ver 8 and was a success, so we do plan on adding it to the new tool soon. I expect it in a few months. Until then, you should be able to use the existing deploy tool from the ver 8 of Dia. It is compatible with the new image captures. 

11 Posts

July 9th, 2020 15:00

Excellent, thank you so much! It is great news. 

February 26th, 2021 08:00

Any update on this topic? I just restored a Latitude 3510 from my v8 USB stick and it looks like it put the drivers from a precision6 driver pack on instead of the latitude12 pack that it should have used. Not sure if this is a version issue or something else... but I wanted to try the newest build of ImageAssist to see if it worked correctly. Unfortunately, it appears that I cannot do that :(.

• 

309 Posts

February 26th, 2021 14:00

No Events found!