Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

7 Posts

January 10th, 2022 23:00

New version 11.0.0.7 never reboots

Hi.

I'm trying to capture an image of a Windows 21H2 installation, and I have tried using the latest version, V11.0.0.7, but I only get as far as to sysprep doing it's thing, and then it never reboots to start the actual capturing.

The message I see is "please wait for the dynamic image to finalize" and I have waited for about an hour without any reboot or capturing.

I reverted to the previous latest version of V10, and then it works perfectly.

Not sure, but I suspect this could be something that was implemented in V11 to support Windows 11 that then broke something with Windows 10.

Thank you for looking into this.

23 Posts

January 11th, 2022 00:00

Hello,

Are you using Hyper-V or VMware ? Did you installed Windows 21H2 or you updated the OS from a previous version ? We should know that and some other things to evaluate the issue. For further assistance send us an e-mail and we'll get back to you. Check your options from http://downloads.delltechcenter.com/DIA/Dell_Operating_System_Imaging_Support_en-us.pdf 

January 12th, 2022 00:00

Hi.

I'm using Hyper-V, and this was an update from 21H1. Normally there is no problem reverting to the checkpoint before creating the last version, applying the updates and then creating a new image. This started with the V11.

• 

300 Posts

January 12th, 2022 07:00

Hi @Bruteforcer - we've seen this behavior with Hyper-V in an enhanced mode session prevening the reboot. Prior to caputring, switch back to a basic session. This is called out in the DIA users guide here.

Thanks,

Tyler

January 12th, 2022 23:00

Hi.

I have also noticed this behavior, so now I'm always using the basic session from start, but it still hangs.

Thanks

March 23rd, 2022 08:00

Hi.

Has there been any update on this? Looks like the last version I can download is still the one that doesn't work as described above.

Thanks!

• 

300 Posts

March 25th, 2022 10:00

@Bruteforcer - Please send an email to US_OSImaging@dell.com and include one of your project SI #'s. Let them know I've requested this escalation.

Thanks,

Tyler

March 28th, 2022 05:00

Thank you. I will do this.

No Events found!