Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

5 Posts

February 24th, 2021 00:00

OEM licence after DIA restore

Hello, 

Since 2 years I use DIA to capture and restore in my company and never had this problem.

When I restore my wim it appear that the licence used is the generic OEM (xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxx). 

Windows is sometimes activated ans sometimes not activated.

The integrated Bios licence does not show and I don't know why.

I tried to capture with an old and the new version of DIA but same problem occur everytime.

Im am using 20h2 iso from microsoft Media Creation tool.

Sans titre.png

Thanks for help  

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 24th, 2021 06:00

There is no such thing as Generic OEM from a user.

You cannot use generic OEM SLP keys

MAK Keys or Microsoft Licences are dealt with via Microsoft.

DELL does not issue keys for activation.

OEM SLP product keys are the only keys that are able to perform online activation, without going online or connecting to Microsoft server you will not be activated. OEM SLP keys are only issued to big manufacturers such as Dell, Asus, Sony, etc.  End users cannot use or activate SLP keys.

There are differences Between OEM Channel SLP, BIOS WIN10 and COA License Product Keys.

5 Posts

February 24th, 2021 07:00

Hello, Thanks for your help but I did not use this licence. Anyway if I delete the licence and put another one the WFG6P show up again. I have a yellow line when i start Image Assist but didn't know how to resolve it Here is the link of a screen capture of my DIA ; https://imgur.com/a/YQYxQWH

• 

300 Posts

February 24th, 2021 09:00

@Ext4z - Thank you for the information. Our teams are researching and we will provide updates when we know more. If you will, please email US_OSimaging@dell.com to open an issue with our helpdesk, referencing this forum post URL and request that it be esclated to Tyler McLaughlin.

Thanks, TM 

• 

300 Posts

March 30th, 2021 07:00

• 

300 Posts

March 31st, 2021 11:00

Microsoft has released a fix:

• Addresses an issue that prevents Windows from activating Windows 10, version 2004 using the OA 3.0 key after installing KB4598291.
No Events found!