Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 15th, 2017 10:00

Do I'm going in the wrong way?

Hi guys, 

I try to create an image template for our system. Basicly, the company i work for ship 3-4 dell desktop configured with their product they sell to their client and their technicien lost a ton of time everytime to re-do every time the config. 

So I have to find a way to create an image where once we deploy it on a machine all software and driver are already setup.

Is this possible to do this with dell image assist?

From what I understand, I have to create an answer file with Windows SIM with the system config I want because DellImage Assist does a sysprep on the system.

For this it is ok, except it can be real pain to figure out where and wich parameters I have to include in my answer file, but how can I can install my software in my image?

If I create an Image of my system with all the software install do I will need to reinstall all my software?

And to finish, by reading the technical documentation, I understood that if I want to deploy an image on a system I need to have a volume key windows license. If I want to keep the oem one, I have to ship my image to Dell.

Thank's 

43 Posts

August 15th, 2017 14:00

Hello,

So I have to find a way to create an image where once we deploy it on a machine all software and driver are already setup.

Is this possible to do this with dell image assist?

Yes, this possible with ImageAssist. ImageAssist will assist in building a dynamic/driverless image to have to the ability to deploy across the different platforms/models.

From what I understand, I have to create an answer file with Windows SIM with the system config I want because DellImage Assist does a sysprep on the system.

ImageAssist will also assist in building the answer file, the unattend.xml creator is built into the tool.

For this it is ok, except it can be real pain to figure out where and wich parameters I have to include in my answer file, but how can I can install my software in my image?

No need, ImageAssist will build the answer file being built into the tool to create it.

If I create an Image of my system with all the software install do I will need to reinstall all my software?

Using ImageAssist, a new image will need to be built with no drivers. The drive along with all it's partitions will need to be cleaned, a fresh hand install of the O/S using either Dell OEM O/S install media or Microsoft VLA media is what's required.  The drivers will be injected during the restore process.

And to finish, by reading the technical documentation, I understood that if I want to deploy an image on a system I need to have a volume key windows license. If I want to keep the oem one, I have to ship my image to Dell.

There is no key involved for OEM as long as OEM O/S install media is used to install the O/S.

No Events found!