Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 29th, 2016 10:00

'FIDA' not supperted

hello,
I am trying to install DIA but it says

Error: Image detected as a Factory Installed dell Application Image, or 'FIDA' , and is not supported.

this machine need to be reimaged from scratch with windows media.
I faced the same problem before and I did reinstall of windows 7 without format and now facing the same problem again.

help me out with this.

52 Posts

July 29th, 2016 11:00

Correct, do not add any hardware drivers other than what the OS natively installs, with the nic being the exception. Windows can have  "updates" run on it but be aware of any hardware updates. Hardware updates can add drivers to video and audio cards which would have to be removed later. With Windows 7 there are only a few updates (hardware) that cause issues. With Windows 10 however, updates may not only install a completely new version of the OS, it can also install things like Twitter and Candy crush which will make sysprep no longer work. ImageAssist will fail if the system cannot be sysprepped.

Thanks...TK

52 Posts

July 29th, 2016 10:00

Hello,

when the system ships from the Dell factory, it contains Dell OEM drivers which the ImageAssist tool set does not like. IA can tell this image is not a "hand" install but is a factory install. You must completely wipe out the OS and format the drive, then install a fresh driverless OS to the system before using the ImageAssist tool. Drivers that the OS natively includes are ok, and adding a nic driver is ok.

6 Posts

July 29th, 2016 11:00

thanks for quick response.
so did you mean once I reinstall os I need not to install any driver(nic is ok) or any windows updates?

because I did whole windows update which took day and half.

• 

300 Posts

April 9th, 2018 08:00

No Events found!