Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 27th, 2020 13:00

30 day return warranty, Customer Service is a complete joke

Imagine you buy a brand new cpu with 30 day return warranty. Day 10 first issue arises, microphone doesnt work. Call Technical Support and they BandAid it after 1 hour of troubleshooting. Day 35 PC crashes. I have to factory reset, and of course first issue resurfaces. You ask for a refund because your dont think spending $500 on a computer that has failed this much in less than 1.5 months is worth it. I called customer service (CS) and they denied the refund since its passed 30 day return warranty!". CS acknowledged the root cause of the malfunction is the same very first issue (microphone) which pretty much sets the precedent the PC was broken within warranty timeframe! I'm now stuck with a broken PC in my house with no resolution from DELL. I've been a loyal customer, all my PC at home are DELL. I did not put $500 dollars to get a computer with so many issues in the first 40 days. Moreover this PC was for my son who started class virtually due to covid. How could he attend classes with no microphone? This affected us really bad and the customer service is useless. I have spent no less than 10 hours on the phone with people who I believe sit in another country. I can't understand a word they say and have very limited customer service training/advocacy, They just continue bouncing my case from one department to another until the call gets disconnected and no one calls me back. I truly believe DELL is so cheap they don't have long distance plan for these people to call me back. I'm so frustrated. In my opinion, DELL is a complete and shameful joke. I'm sorry to say that I will never buy DELL again.

November 27th, 2020 13:00

Hello,

We apologize for the experience you had. We are here to help you troubleshoot and issues with the computer. Send us a private message with the following details so that we can assist you better =

a. Registered owner's name 
b. Email address 
c. Phone number 
d. Current location 

Update November 28 = We have setup a return for you. You will receive a waybill to ship the computer to us via email. Please reach out to the carrier and ship the system to us. Once the system is shipped to us, it would be examined and then the refund would be processed. The whole process would take around 10-15 business days. As per the records I see that the payment is completed from our end.

Update December 5 = As per the records I see that the payment is completed from our end.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 28th, 2020 23:00

Dells policy for return has been 21 not 30 days for years.

"Dell Return Policy" You may return your system up to 21 days from the date of invoice"  If the product is not truely defective there will be a restocking fee not a full refund and you will have to pay for shipping in the original packaging.

Shipping without an RMA and not in the original packaging causing damage is not covered.

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

November 27th, 2020 16:00

@Juaco112   - Always include exact PC model in your posts.

Is this microphone built into an All-In-One or laptop display? Or, are you using USB or a line-in connection on rear of PC?  is this a combination microphone+earbuds (eg, a headset)?

Did you go to the Win 10 Microphone privacy screen and turn it on?  Then scroll down and give permission for apps to use it?

micro.jpg

And the default setting is OFF so when you do a factory reset, the microphone will be off and has to be turned on again...

2 Posts

November 27th, 2020 17:00

Appreacite the willigness to help but im not looking to fix the microphone, let me clarify,  the issue here is i purchased this computer and expected certain performance. Like any other budget mindful customer, i did look into the return policy for this sizeable purchase (at least for me, im not rich) and felt 30 days was enough for me to try it. Well, it happened that within the return policy timeframe the microphone didnt work (spend over 1 hr with tech support troubleshooting) and had to factory reset the cpu couple times, this was enough for me to determine this cpu wasnt worth my money and proceeded to request a return/refund. DELL kept me going back and forth between tech support and customer care to the point they arbitrarily decided a refund was not applicable since 30d had passed!. This is not ethical for a US company, i have emails documenting the whole thing. some are embarassing to be honest, they just stopped asnwering my request for updates on my case.

No Events found!