Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 7th, 2020 18:00

Dell G5 Gaming Desktop - Fan spins too fast

Hello, so I have an issue regarding my Dell Inspirion G5 5090 gaming desktop. All of a sudden my fans in my pc have been spinning very fast every time I play a game. When I'm on the loading screen the fans immediately start spinning fast, and it's quite loud too. This didn't happen before when I played games on my pc. I used Alienware Command Center, the thermals were around 40 - 45 Degrees C, and the fan (CPU and Side fan) speeds were at 100% for quite a while.

Here is my configuration:

• Intel® Core  i5-9400 (6-Core/6-Thread 9M Cache,4.1GHz Processor with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GDDR5
  • 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz UDIMM Non-ECC
  • 128GB M.2 PCIe SSD + 2TB SATA 7200RPM HDD
  • 460W Power Supply

Those are the following games I tried where the fans suddenly spun very fast:

• Minecraft
  • GTA V
  • OSU

I am aware than the fan would spin fast to keep everything cool, but it was very loud like it sounded like a vacuum cleaner. Hope you could help me out!

31 Posts

June 8th, 2020 02:00

In the Alienware Command Centre, do you have the profiles for the games?

You can set it, to have max cooling as soon as game is launched.

This sounds like what has happened.

• 

16.7K Posts

June 8th, 2020 09:00

ChrisM116,

The high-performance profile may make the fan run high.  Try changing the profile to different settings.  

• 

25.1K Posts

June 7th, 2020 18:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

10 Posts

I did some testing. So I made a profile where I placed a game under the high performance profile, when I started the game the fans were at 100%. After removing that game from the high performance profile and running it again, the fans were quiet. So it's just the Alienware Command Centre I need to know about to control the fan speeds.

This solved my problem, thanks for the help!

31 Posts

Great news.

10 Posts

So I reinstalled both Alienware Command Centre and Alienware OC Control. 

Hmm, so I went under the fusion tab of ACC, and under thermal profiles I saw this for my games. I will attach photos. IMG_6543.JPG

IMG_6544.JPG

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

So which profile will make it so the fans would run at 100%, because that's what happened when I ran my games, as soon as they started the fan went all the way to 100%.

Also a quick quesiton, the third photo where it shows a grey image that is selected, what does that mean? Does it mean there are no games selected? Or all games are set to that profile?

No Events found!