Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

July 5th, 2021 01:00

Disappearing taskbar pinned apps

5400 AIO.  I recently bought this.  All good, apart from the task bar.  When I first start-up, the taskbar pinned apps don't appear.  I have to restart Windows Explorer and the taskbar pinned apps then show.  Why?  Seems to be some suggestions when I Google this that recent (May/June) Windows updates might be an issue here.  Anyone else encountered this (and have a fix)?

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

July 5th, 2021 03:00

RUN SFC Command

1. Right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt Admin.

2. On Command Prompt screen. type sfc /scannow and press the Enter key.

If this does not help, try to repair system image.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 5th, 2021 07:00

Before you do anything, right click on the taskbar and see all the things you can do in taskbar settings. Windows 10 has some different settings from windows 8. There is a lock the taskbar setting  to keep pinned apps. 

See Pin apps and folders to the desktop or taskbar (microsoft.com)

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

July 5th, 2021 11:00

To add to what @Mary G said, if you're talking about the "Notification Area", right-click the Taskbar and select: Taskbar settings.

When that opens, scroll down to Notification area and click "Select which icons appear on the taskbar". Make sure the right ones are selected on the screen that opens, or turn on "always show" to see all of the ones you selected all the time.

2 Posts

July 11th, 2021 02:00

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I’ve also had a running private series of suggestions from Dell support. I’ve therefore tried various things but not the system reinstall that Dell have ultimately landed on. Too much hassle. But, something does finally seem to have worked. The last couple of days at start up the pinned apps have appeared on the taskbar. Well done (assuming it stays that way) and thanks again Steve. 

No Events found!