Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

2 Posts

March 16th, 2019 21:00

Don't see Windows 7 drivers to download - only see BIOS

Service Tag: 

I am interested in getting the Windows 7 video drivers (and maybe some other drivers) but all I see offered on the download page is the BIOS.

After entering the Service Tag how can I download drivers that are not the BIOS?

Assume this system can't get on the Internet yet to do a Dell detect (no drivers yet).

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

March 17th, 2019 08:00

Remove the service tag from the drivers page to see all the drivers available for your model. But check device manager to see what hardware you actually have. You should have posted your exact model name instead of posting the tag in this forum. That is personal info that is not allowed here. Notice it has been removed from your post. BTW if you have a separate video card on a desktop you can see if the video card manufacturer has any updated drivers for windows 7. Windows 7 will no longer be supported by Microsoft in 2020. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4057281/windows-7-support-will-end-on-january-14-2020

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 18th, 2019 06:00

The scripted Pages are not useful

Models made earlier than 2009 will not have Windows 7 drivers.
This does not mean that windows 7 will not work but it does mean that you will need to use VISTA WDDM 1.0 drivers.

always go to

https://downloads.dell.com/

And pick your model

Select your Desktops & All-in-Ones

Looking at the drivers page I do not see a way to "remove the service tag".

I do see a checkbox that says "Check to show drivers for your Service Tag. Uncheck to see more drivers available for your product model. 

That is the part I forgot how to do and that is what I needed.

If posting Service Tags is not allowed here I missed that message when i was creating my new topic.  It would make sense when a new topic is started to have a message - even in the body of the new topic to not post Service Tags and I don't see what is personal about it.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

1.  What is your Dell Model?

2.  Why are you looking for windows 7 drivers?

3.  The downloads.dell.com page has all drivers listed based on the exact model.

Please select your product from the list provided below to access Drivers & Downloads, Manuals and other product information.

This simplified interface offers direct access to the items listed above and is based on product type. If you have been redirected to this page while attempting to visit the Dell support site; then the site is currently experiencing technical issues and is unavailable. Please continue to check the Dell support site, once back online, for the latest updates.

http://downloads.dell.com/published/Pages/index.html

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

March 18th, 2019 12:00

When you joined this forum, you agreed to abide by the Community Terms of Use.

Suggest you (re)read them, especially #16: Also not allowed which includes:

• Service Tag numbers should not be posted publicly, these would be requested by Dell Technologies employees and would happen via Private Message only
No Events found!