Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 31st, 2020 15:00

Inspiron 22 3264 AIO, dual monitor

My inspiron 3264 is not detecting my second monitor. 

I have an all-in-one desktop inspiron 22 3264 I have purchased a second monitor a Dell SE2216H and connected via HDMI.  I have selected the input as HDMI, and the monitor recognises the connection but my inspiron does not detect the monitor. I have downloaded displaylink, however, my computer still doesn't recognise my monitor. 

Help please. 

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

April 1st, 2020 11:00

You do not have an hdmi output port to connect a second monitor. That port you tried to use is an INput  for attaching a game box or other device. See page 14 of your manual--

https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/inspiron-22-3264-aio_setup-guide_en-us.pdf

2 Posts

April 1st, 2020 11:00

Thanks for the reply. I’ve ordered an appropriate adaptor 

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

April 1st, 2020 12:00

What adapter did you order? You can't adapt an HDMI-IN to HDMI-OUT.

Your only option is a USB3>video dongle, where "video" is a port on the second monitor. Make sure the dongle supports your version of Windows, and the "native" (aka: "recommended" or "optimum") resolution of the monitor connected to the dongle.

1 Message

April 18th, 2020 11:00

Does that mean that with a suitable adapter the Inspiron can handle a 2048x1200 second monitor? Because I cannot find anything telling what the second monitor resolution limits are.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

April 18th, 2020 14:00

@JohnLagrue  - You jumped into somebody else's thread, and we have no way to know if you have the same PC as  the OP or...?

Are you talking about using a USB3>video dongle?  First thing you have to know is what's the "native" (also called "recommended" or "optimum") resolution for the monitor you'd want to connect via a USB3>video dongle.

Once you know that, then you have to look for a USB dongle that can support that resolution and your version of Windows, assuming any USB3>video dongle can support that native resolution. If you can't find a suitable dongle to support the monitor's native resolution, you'll have to look for a different monitor with a resolution that a USB dongle can support...

July 8th, 2020 14:00

could you send me the link to this when it arrives and if it works @ajm89 

No Events found!