Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MG

July 15th, 2018 15:00

Inspiron 2350 AIO, HDMI in, unable to change audio

I have an Inspiron 2350 AIO. I am using it as a second monitor and gaming monitor for console games. When it is connected to my X-box 360 or my laptop via its HDMI in port, I am unable to change the audio on the device using the side buttons. I can use the buttons to change the brightness of the display, however when it comes to audio, it stays at 23 and won't change. How do I get this to work again?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 15th, 2018 18:00

The side buttons are analog volume for the windows operating system.  HDMI does not have volume controls.

July 15th, 2018 20:00

Multiple things. 

It still keeps the volume at 23.

How do I change the volume for hdmi inports?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 16th, 2018 08:00

HDMI is Digital.  There is no VOLUME or SCALE.  Its ON or OFF.

You would have to breakout the Analog Audio from the Digital Signal and then attach an analog Amplifier with VOLUME Control.

https://www.amazon.com/Musou-Extractor-Optical-Splitter-Converter/dp/B06XDNJ6RM

July 16th, 2018 08:00

Ok, thank you for the help, but I want to make sure of one thing.

If I use the 2350 as a monitor for my xbox, it won't play audio through the speakers and I have to have an external audio source?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 17th, 2018 07:00

The volume into the Inspiron 2350 AIO should be controlled via the X-box 360 and laptop menus.

This is confusing because there are two Inspiron 2350 AIO, the basic Inspiron 2350 AIO and the Inspiron 2350 AIO 3D. The right side button configuration is different. But both list Brightness buttons, not Volume buttons?

The Inspiron 2350 AIO right side buttons are as follows in the internal documentation =
1 Brightness Increase Button: Increase the display brightness.
2 Brightness Decrease Button: Decrease the display brightness.
3 Input source selection/Display-off Button: Choose the input source, turn the display on/off.
4 Hard Drive Activity Light: Indicates the status of hard drive.
5 Power Button: Turn the computer on/off.
6 Media-card reader: Supports different types of media card.
7 USB 3.0 Ports (2): Connector ports for devices supporting USB 3.0 technology.
8 Headset port: Connects to the headset.

The online Inspiron 2350 AIO specifications PDF states for "Volume controls", Program menus. It does not mention side buttons. That means that you would use the OSD (On Screen Display) Menu from within Windows. This is also shown in the Service Manual pages 102/103.

So why do you think that the Brightness buttons also control volume?

No Events found!