Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 27th, 2019 20:00

Inspiron 24-3455 AIO, "No pen or touch input...."

Touchscreen not working. Tablet PC settings also not showing up. Device specifications have changed.

• I've seen similar posts and have attempted to update my BIOS driver, to no effect. 

• I tried seeing if some power saving options may have been killing the HID - there's no USB Devices connected that may be causing that; HID touchscreen not showing up in Device Manager. 

• I am running a diagnostic now - couldn't figure out how to run a touchscreen specific diagnostic.

Can someone please help me out here? I'm running out of options and don't know what to do to get my touchscreen working again. Could a Windows Update have hurt this?

2 Posts

January 29th, 2020 07:00

I had the same issue for 4 years. Tried everything. I gave up and stored the computer. Recently I pulled it out of storage to put in room. I wasn't going to worry about the touchscreen. I bought memory to upgrade it and when I pulled the back off, there was a disconnected wire above the back usb and power input. Unsure whether I pulled it out when taking the back off, I plugged it back in and did the memory upgrade. Now the touchscreen works perfectly.  A loose/unplugged connection!! Wish I would have known this 4 years ago. A simple 10 min fix and taking the back cover off is just 2 screws under the mount and popping the back off. Hope this helps someone. 

573 Posts

January 28th, 2019 07:00

Hi @SharkFilet ,

As per commendation on the article,

"You can find your offending device, right-click, and choose to uninstall to remove it from the system completely. Do note, that if the devices are gray in color, do not delete them. Only remove those which you think are causing issues. Also, make sure to remove one, and check and then come back if it doesn’t work."

573 Posts

Hi @SharkFilet ,

The touchscreen device maybe act as hidden device on your Windows. Check on this post and see if it helps.

I see the HID touchscreen there as a hidden device, but I have this as a Device status: 

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

January 29th, 2019 11:00

I read that, but what is the "offending device" - how do I find out which one might be messing with my touch screen? 

Also, if I uninstall the touch screen drivers, can I get them back in an update or somewhere on Dell's site?

No Events found!