Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 24th, 2019 13:00

Inspiron 27-7777 AIO, use LCD as a screen only?

I’ve recently bought an Inspiron 27-7777 AIO, which has a large and excellent 27” screen. My work laptop is a Lenovo and currently I’m plugging it into an old Dell external monitor so I can read the screen more clearly at home, which works fine. Can I use my new Inspiron 27-7777 AIO, just as a screen for my laptop in a similar manner, if I connect it my laptop via HDMI? I’ve tried and duplicated and extended my laptop screen, but it doesn’t seem to work? Unless I need to do something on the desktop? Or does it just not work for that ( which would a real shame!).

Thanks again Stephen

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

January 24th, 2019 13:00

Hello! I have the 7775 and it has an HDMI in port and a super tiny button on the bottom of the display which lets you select different source options. I double checked and yours does too. Just plug in your laptop to the HDMI in port and use the Input Source select button to HDMI in and it should work!

Bottom.JPGBackPanel.JPG

2 Posts

January 26th, 2019 06:00

That works! Which is brilliant - thanks SO much.

(The tiny button is actually UNDER the screen on my model and there is a tiny button ON the front screen but it doesn’t do anything-  so it took me a while to work out that I guess the tiny button-like dot on the front screen (which look like it should be a button) is there probably to guide normal people who arent as stupid as I am, that the button is at that point, but underneath the screen).

but I am very grateful for your help as i’d never have got there without your pointer.

very much appreciated so thanks again 

6 Posts

February 28th, 2019 16:00

Hi - I'm trying to do the same thing but it isn't working. Is there something else I need to do? I have it connected, verified it's in the HDMI in but nothing happens when I press this button.

1 Message

May 11th, 2020 14:00

Thank you so much for posting this! I had no idea that I could switch to HDMI In only

1 Message

April 18th, 2022 11:00

Dynamite! I ran into problems because you can't feel that little tiny button.  It is NOT the same as the power button. There are two buttons there, one larger, ridged button, and one you may have to lift the monitor to see.

FYI, I have a 2019 Macbook (Monterey) and am using an Inspiron 7777 AIO (Windows 11) as a second monitor.

No Events found!