Start a Conversation

Unsolved

KD

1 Message

December 13th, 2018 15:00

Inspiron 27-7777, display freezes when doing tasks

I just got my new Inspiron 27 7777 from the Dell Australia eBay. I set it up fine.

The issue is that when doing a task, such as opening an app, opening some larger settings, even opening a new tab in browser, etc, (Display settings always freezes screen for a second or so), the whole display will freeze for around 0.5-2 seconds.

At the very beginning, I did see this issue arise, when I clicked something for a task (such as web browsing, opening apps), I first played it off as I just set it up, maybe it needs some time to adjust or new drivers are needed.

I launched SupportAssist and ran a scan, hardware is fine. I had a bunch of updates and BIOS that I needed to install, so I did that.

The issue still happens. It looks like the display doesn't freeze for every task (e.g. opening Visual Studio, Edge, it is normal), however things such as opening Firefox or Visual Studio Code will always cause the display to freeze for around 1 second. A few settings in the normal Windows 10 settings will cause the screen to freeze for a bit (the Display settings are the worst), even sometimes opening new tab in Firefox will cause it to freeze for a bit.

I believe I bought it here: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dell-Inspiron-24-5477-All-In-One-FHD-Touch-i7-8700T-16GB-RAM-128GB-SSD-1TB-HDD-/392143592617?hash=item5b4d945ca9

Any help would be appreciated.

I do want to keep the PC but I can't put up with display freezing when it's brand new (arrived yesterday). I have checked for any Dell updates or Windows updates and I am all up to date.

i will be contacting Dell shortly, just wondering if any can give advice.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 14th, 2018 03:00

As this is a new PC and according to the link you provided it includes Dell warranty it is best to contact Dell support for your area.  Whatever the problem only Dell support can correct (or have corrected) under warranty.  

18 Posts

December 14th, 2018 14:00

This helped me a lot!!!

Re: Inspiron 7775, shutdowns while gaming

I was having the exact same issue, I did the option AMD Radeon driver update version 18.10.1 and the issue completely vanished!

Here's the driver.

Note: This driver has a silly bug where the system gets stuck for 2 secs for every 15 secs, the workaround here is to disable HDCP support - Radeon Settings > Display > Specs > Override > Disable HDCP Support.

Model: 27' 4k / RX 580 option

No Events found!