Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

6 Posts

April 18th, 2019 15:00

Inspiron 570, doesn't boot

When I turn on my PC, the power light is a steady amber light, and my screen says "No signal". I installed a new power unit, but still steady amber light and "No Signal". I tried all the ideas, ie. hold power button down for 30 secs, etc. None worked. What could be wrong?

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

April 18th, 2019 17:00

Any beeps from the tower?

If you're using an add-in video card, physically remove the card and connect the monitor to one of the onboard video ports, either HDMI or VGA.

Reseat RAM modules, PCI and PCI-e cards in their slots.

When was last time you replaced the motherboard battery?

6 Posts

April 20th, 2019 11:00

Hi RoHe, No beeps from tower. Not using a video card, monitor connected to onboard VGA video port. Reseated RAM modules. Never replaced motherboard battery. I will get a new battery and try all the steps again. Thanks.

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

April 20th, 2019 12:00

Can you test this monitor on a different PC or a different monitor on this PC?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 23rd, 2019 11:00

Solid amber power button = dead motherboard.

6 Posts

April 25th, 2019 11:00

I am using a RCA TV. It works fine. StillNo signal even on different PC. Thanks.

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

April 25th, 2019 12:00

@PapaPizza wrote:
I am using a RCA TV. It works fine. StillNo signal even on different PC. Thanks.

Now I'm totally confused... :TongueTied:

Is the RCA TV your "regular" monitor on the Inspiron 570 or did you try it as a test of a different monitor with the 570?

And what gives no signal on a different PC, the RCA TV or the "regular" monitor used with the 570?

6 Posts

June 14th, 2019 07:00

The RCA TV is the regular monitor I am using.  It is connected to the VGA port on the 570 PC.  I tried a different PC, using the same TV and no signal on the different PC also.  Went back to 570,  no beeps from tower, fans run, keyboard works, no other items attached to PC.  Tried hitting F2, F10 keys, nothing.  Tried starting PC with Dell System Repair Disks, Dell System Recovery Disks, Windows Installation Disk, nothing.

Thank You Very Much for your time and input RoHe, have a good day/evening.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 14th, 2019 08:00

DISCONNECT all cables,  REMOVE ALL CARDS.

DISCONNECT the data cable from the hard drive.

Turn on.

It should show an error on the screen.

EPS 12V power supply is required.

ONLY TOWER MODEL can use a full size power supply.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-cx-series-modular-cx750m-750w-80-plus-bronze-atx-power-supply-black/8324202.p?skuId=8324202

If this is a 570S then its not worth fixing.

531S is very cheap.

https://www.lambroinc.com/desktops?lightbox=dataItem-jsosut5x

570T and 570S (Slim Model)570T and 570S (Slim Model)

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 14th, 2019 09:00

No signal message comes from the monitor.

Your PC Is dead. You can use Dock to recover data from the hard drive IF the drive isnt dead as well.

https://www.amazon.com/WEme-Dual-Bay-External-Duplicator-Tool-Free/dp/B00PTUQE4M/

6 Posts

June 14th, 2019 09:00

Disconnected cables. No error or message shown on screen except for "No Signal". I just wanted to retrieve some data from hard drive. Thanks speedstep.

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

June 14th, 2019 11:00

@PapaPizza wrote:

The RCA TV is the regular monitor I am using.  It is connected to the VGA port on the 570 PC.  I tried a different PC, using the same TV and no signal on the different PC also.  Went back to 570,  no beeps from tower, fans run, keyboard works, no other items attached to PC.  Tried hitting F2, F10 keys, nothing.  Tried starting PC with Dell System Repair Disks, Dell System Recovery Disks, Windows Installation Disk, nothing.

Thank You Very Much for your time and input RoHe, have a good day/evening.

Hang on here...

If you tried using the TV as a monitor on a different PC and got no signal there too, then it sounds like there may be problem with the TV, not with the PCs. Does the TV have its own settings screen where you have to enable the VGA port and tell it to accept VGA video?

Can you test a monitor on the 570, instead of the TV?

6 Posts

July 16th, 2019 17:00

I hooked up a monitor to a different pc and the monitor worked fine.  I hooked the monitor up to the pc in question and "No Signal".  Settings were checked and all, memory cleaned, cables checked, no video card installed, new battery, power button pushed and held, fans running, no beeps, etc. 

Thanks

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

July 17th, 2019 17:00

Sounding like the motherboard or CPU failed...

Only you can decide whether to continue trying to fix it and how much $$ you want to spend, or go shopping for a new PC...

No Events found!