Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

3 Posts

October 20th, 2018 12:00

Inspiron One 2020, MaxxAudio 3 problem after Windows 10

So my 2012 Inspiron One 2020 has had a problem with the Dell Audio (Maxx Audio 3 Problem) after upgrading to Windows 10. Now this problem has been there since the beginning, as I updated to Windows 10 when first released, but I have noticed it only a few days back where I dual booted Windows 8. When I installed all the drivers, I learned that the Maxx Audio Menu is actually a thing and it appears in the Windows 8 version of the driver but not the Windows 10. Both operating systems are running 64-bit with the latest available driver from the Dell Driver section using my Service Tag to correctly identify my PC. Is there any solution to fix this problem? And if there is, how must I proceed? Here is the Preview of what I see when I try opening the settings as a Windows 10 user:

Thank you for your time!

~Have a good day - Suhayb

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

October 20th, 2018 15:00

When you write you installed all the drivers, does that include the chipset driver?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 20th, 2018 20:00

In Windows-10 uninstall all audio drivers and delete the audio device from Device Manager.
Reboot.
Let the audio device PnP and a proper/working driver should load from Windows-Update.

3 Posts

October 21st, 2018 13:00

Yes, I install every driver at once and then proceed to restart the PC after they all are installed. By every driver i mean, all the available and compatible drivers to Windows 10 64-Bit

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 21st, 2018 15:00

@SuhaybU wrote:

Yes, I install every driver at once and then proceed to restart the PC after they all are installed. By every driver i mean, all the available and compatible drivers to Windows 10 64-Bit

Not sure I follow you.

As Windows-10 PnP's the audio-device, it should only toss-you ONE set of drivers.

3 Posts

October 23rd, 2018 12:00

By saying "installing every driver at once", I mean to say all the types of compatible drivers with my PC. Example, Audio, Wireless, Video Card and etc.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 24th, 2018 11:00

Windows-10 64bit (v1803) works on the Dell Inspiron 2330 All-in-One (IIRC, just one-year newer).

In Device Manager: Realtek High Definition Audio
In Control Panel there is an icon call "Dell Audio". Clicking it opens the "Dell Audio" app with a working MAXX-Audio-3 section.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 24th, 2018 13:00

@boshboston wrote:

I am not able to understand that whether there is issue with pc hardware or in windows 10 os as i am getting 

Right.

If ePSA actually detects and tests the audio hardware ... IF it does ... that would be the best way to know.

If not, to find out ... you might have to re-install (from scratch) the version of Windows that came on the machine. If inconvenient, I suppose you could do it to a spare HDD/SSD.

1 Message

October 24th, 2018 13:00

I am not able to understand that whether there is issue with pc hardware or in windows 10 os as i am getting 

windows 10 error code 0xc00000f kind of error previously there is everything fine but in nowadays people claiming that there is an issue with the free version of Windows 10. Do you have anyt solution for this?

No Events found!