Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

1 Message

March 18th, 2019 04:00

Replace the refurbished Motherboard for new PC,Is that right

SR 23338340 My pc is 3.5 months old and since the beginning mic is not working in it, so I raised a request with Dell support, they also checked everything from their end and they confirmed that they will replace the part. after 3 days they sent me a refurbished motherboard part to replace my original motherboard for mic problem in my pc. I am not ready to accept the refurbished part to into my system which is just 3.5 months old, who will accept like this? Are you going to accept like this? Stupid services from Dell support. I never expect this type of service from Dell INDIA

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 18th, 2019 05:00

In order to not have to pay property taxes every year over and over for the same things all parts are listed as refurbished.   This applies to inventory located in Texas (January 1) that is (a) not being manufactured, modified, assembled, or processed and (b) pre-committed to an out of state customer (as evidenced by a contract or bill of sale).11.251(k) - property that meets the requirements of article v111, sections 1-j (a) (1) and (2), of the Texas Constitution. Inventory Tax applies to parts as well as finished goods that are not refirbished.

573 Posts

March 18th, 2019 08:00

Hi @rsampat ,

I understand your feeling, bro. In fact you may say it's just 3.5 months old but many may say it's already 3.5 months old. If you raised request within the first 7 days you received your PC, you may probably get a brand new total replacement. In some cases in some areas may even offer it within the 1st month. But 3.5 months? I don't think so. Check out this thread for more details. Dell do have statement on terms of warranty regarding using refurbished parts. Actually many vendors like Lenovo, HP and even Apple provide warranty repair service with refinished parts. 

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

March 18th, 2019 12:00

Not clear -to me- if you're in US or India...

But either way, Dell's warranty in both US and India says they can use new or refurbished parts.

Are they sure it's actually the motherboard?

Don't know the details of what was tried to fix the problem, but did you check under Security>Permissions in Win 10 to make sure your apps have permission to use the microphone, that the microphone is enabled in Device Manager, the correct sound input device is selected, etc...?

No Events found!