Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

5 Posts

October 11th, 2018 18:00

Unexpected kernel mode trap and automatic repair loop issue

So today I was in the middle of a game and my PC crashed with the unexpected_kernel_mode_trap BSOD. So my computer rebooted with the automatic repair but when it was about to start the BSOD with the frowny face would pop up real quick and close again. This has been happening all day with sometimes it will only show a quarter of the BSOD before restarting and repeating. Also, everytime this happens my fans get extremely loud. I have the Inspiron 5680 and have only been using it for about 3 weeks. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

5 Posts

October 11th, 2018 18:00

So today I was in the middle of a game and my PC crashed with the unexpected_kernel_mode_trap BSOD. So my computer rebooted with the automatic repair but when it was about to start the BSOD with the frowny face would pop up real quick and close again. This has been happening all day with sometimes it will only show a quarter of the BSOD before restarting and repeating. Also, everytime this happens my fans get extremely loud. I have the Inspiron 5680 and have only been using it for about 3 weeks. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 11th, 2018 21:00

This sometimes indicates a hardware problem.

Does the machine consistently pass full ePSa tests?

5 Posts

October 11th, 2018 21:00

Yes, everytime I've run the ePSA tests it's passed.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 12th, 2018 03:00

Run the Dell diagnostics, accessed by F12 at power on.  

If the diagnostics do not show anything and it works OK except for the game, I would suspect the game is the problem.  

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

October 12th, 2018 07:00

@fireberd wrote:

Run the Dell diagnostics, accessed by F12 at power on.  

If the diagnostics do not show anything and it works OK except for the game, I would suspect the game is the problem.  

The OP bought a non-gaming computer to do gaming.

Not the smartest of moves.

5 Posts

October 12th, 2018 08:00

The Inspiron 5680 is in fact a gaming desktop.

5 Posts

October 12th, 2018 08:00

There is the problem. I'm stuck in a loop and cannot even get to the login screen.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 12th, 2018 09:00

Yes, this model is sold as a gaming PC.  

If you can't get to the log in screen, that suggests it will probably take restoring to the original factory image.

Here are the various options for a Dell and Win 10.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln297920/reset-or-reinstall-windows-10-on-your-dell-computer?lang=en

If you don't want to do this, as it is still almost new and under warranty contact Dell tech support for assistance and guidance.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 12th, 2018 13:00

@Beegster wrote:

Yes, everytime I've run the ePSA tests it's passed.

Sounds like it's time to call Dell and use your (paid for) warranty.

Depending on time-period you might be eligible for a full return.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

October 12th, 2018 13:00

And please don't double-post the same problem...

No Events found!