Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 4th, 2018 14:00

WiFi Card Slot Whitelist with Dell Inspiron 3263 All-in-One?

Hi, I was trying to hook up an external graphics card setup earlier to my Inspiron 3263 All-in-One because it can't be upgraded internally. It connects to the WiFi card slot inside the computer. The computer isn't able to detect it. When I booted into the configuration OS for the external GPU, I saw that the pcie port for the WiFi card isn't showing up whenever I didn't have my WiFi card in, but the one for the ethernet port remains showing. Hotplugging the connection didn't seem to bypass it. Is this a whitelist? I am very disappointed about this and I don't have the money for a new gaming computer yet. I am using a GT 1030 with the external GPU dock.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

April 4th, 2018 16:00

No, it's not a whitelist.  The system simply does not support a video card in the PCIe wireless card socket - no video card is going to work in that slot.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 4th, 2018 17:00

So you are telling me that my specific computer won't work with an external GPU connected to the NGFF slot when this video (link below) is showing a Dell Venue 11 Pro working with a AMD Radeon RX 480 external graphics setup to the same slot? There are many other YouTube videos of the dock working with other Dell computers. Only those computers support it then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4wJAClKEwk

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

April 4th, 2018 18:00

No, what I'm telling you is that NO Dell all in one has official support for an external GPU.  The only Dell systems with official support for external GPUs are Alienware notebooks.

That's not saying one may by chance, work - it's just not something ANY Dell all in one is designed to support.

No Events found!