Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

January 23rd, 2018 17:00

dell boot guard verified dxe that is fail

Anyone having this issue since this passed weekend.  Unable to access bios or setup.  When computer turns on see Dell logo and goes right to this screen.

dell boot guard verified dxe that is fail

Press any key to shutdown.

• 

17K Posts

January 24th, 2018 08:00

nfear24,

That message is caused by a bad motherboard. It will need to be replaced. What system do you have that is giving you this error?

22 Posts

January 24th, 2018 10:00

@DELL-Jesse L

DELL  released BIOS 3.5.2 for it, it was a urgent update. But they have since recently pulled that update.  Dell is denying that anything wrong and I'm still waiting for someone to in the highest level of support to call me back.

22 Posts

January 24th, 2018 13:00

@DELL-Jesse L

Update 1-24-18 at 4:30 est

Highest level of "support" called. They are still denying there is a problem and actually said "I should be doing their downloads in front of a Dell technician" ?????

He said there has not been a Bios update since June 2017 even though they did release Bios 3.5.2 and then pulled it!!

1 Message

January 26th, 2018 03:00

i also have dis error since i updated my software i have dell inspiron 3650. and its only 1 year old. 

2 Posts

February 1st, 2018 04:00

@DELL-Jesse L  same thing happened here. We have 6 Inspiron 24 Mod 5459 since last year. One of which got the same 'boot guard verified dxe that is fail' issue since last week. We tried to reset BIOS and CMOS by switching jumper plug on CMOS and PASSWORD jumpers (as suggested in the service manual); tried to drain the power by removing battery and holding down on/off switch for 30 seconds...nothing worked.

If it's a mother board problem, how and where to get one replaced? Thanks in advance for the help.

Jerry

• 

17K Posts

February 1st, 2018 06:00

jerrypub,

* Go here
* Scroll down to, "How do I start the BIOS recovery on a Dell system?"

2 Posts

February 3rd, 2018 05:00

@DELL-Jesse L  thanks for the information. I following the instruction to boot from an external USB, still got the same message after resetting the BIOS, must be the motherboard then. I'll call the support to see how to replace the motherboard. Thanks again for the help...

Jerry

3 Posts

February 22nd, 2018 13:00

I am having the same issue with dell inspiron 24 model 3459. I got a total runaround from tech support. So frustrating when working with liars. I think they are hoping to score $ for the problem they created. What are the chances everyone's motherboards just failed at the same time?? I am going to try the BIOS recovery.

You know, Dell, it's small problems like these that cause you to lose customers.

UPDATE: BEFORE YOU TAKE DELL ADVIcE AND BUY A NEW MOTHERBOARD!! See this link...

Click to fix "when DXE is fail"

Hold Ctrl and Esc on power up. Do not tap the buttons, hold them down. If you have a PC with the recovery tool, the recovery will come up. Select "recover BIOS". 

If it doesn't work the first time and gives you an opportunity to reboot again, do it. This fixed mine. Hope this helps someone and points out Dell's poor service as well.

3 Posts

February 22nd, 2018 20:00

Yeah, right. Scroll down to find the better solution.

3 Posts

February 22nd, 2018 20:00

Thank you.

87 Posts

March 12th, 2018 09:00

I just encountered this issue for the first time, and found success by simply updating the BIOS.  The computer in question is a Latitude E7470, and was only running BIOS version 1.4.2.  I applied version 1.18.5 and that did the trick.

1 Message

May 2nd, 2018 17:00

This worked, thank you!
No Events found!