Start a Conversation

Unsolved

August 10th, 2023 23:23

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 14th, 2018 12:00

Hello. Another driver you can try, to see if get different results, is the Windows native audio driver.

@Vamparics"i downloaded the audio driver from dell site"

So you should have a Realtek audio driver installed right now. Do this:

1. Open the Device Manager
2. Expand the "Sound, Video & Game Controllers" section.
3. Right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio" and select to uninstall.
4. Put a check mark in the option to delete the driver software, and then ok.
5. Restart the laptop.

When the laptop boots up it will look for the Realtek files that were removed in step 4. If none found then it will install the native driver. If an earlier version of a Realtek driver had been downloaded then its files could still be in the laptop and Windows would install that version of the Realtek, not the native driver. So after step 5, go back to the Device Manager and check again for a Realtek driver. Keep uninstalling & restarting until "Realtek High Definition Audio" no longer appears under Sound...Controllers. If you see "High Definition Audio Device" that is the native driver, although in Win10 it can have a different name.

If having the native driver installed doesn't help, you might want to try a different version of the Realtek driver. Dell has released 2 versions for Windows 10 for your model, plus there is one you can get directly from the Realtek site.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 14th, 2018 13:00

Dell says that driver is good for the 7577 and 7587. 

As for the low sound, there may be up to 3 different volume controls for your sound.  The one on your computer and the one on the YouTube window. 

You might look at the Sound UI from the taskbar for playback devices and the Waves UI you should be able to start from the hidden icons on the Taskbar.

Distorted sound during stre+aming may be related to a network situation.

5 Posts

February 14th, 2018 13:00

i can see only 1 audio driver provided by dell where is the other one and it was worst with the windows auto driver update the one provided with dell is a little better but still there is audio distortion and so the sound is too low specially if watching youtube or some video the sound is low :S if someone have the same laptop 7577 intel i7 and fine with the audio would be glad if they pass me the audio driver version they use i am currently using  6.0.1.8219 thanks alot for the reply

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 15th, 2018 04:00

@Vamparics wrote:

i can see only 1 audio driver provided by dell where is the other one ... i am currently using  6.0.1.8219 thanks alot for the reply

The other one is Realtek 6.0.1.8166. Because that one is older than the one currently installed, you should first remove the 6.0.1.8219 and any other version, by installing the Windows native driver.

1. Open the Device Manager
2. Expand the "Sound, Video & Game Controllers" section.
3. Right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio" and select to uninstall.
4. Put a check mark in the option to delete the driver software, and then ok.
5. Restart the laptop.

When the laptop boots up it will look for the Realtek files that were removed in step 4. If none found then it will install the native driver. If an earlier version of a Realtek driver had been downloaded then its files could still be in the laptop and Windows would install that version of the Realtek, not the native driver. So after step 5, go back to the Device Manager and check again for a Realtek driver. Keep uninstalling & restarting until "Realtek High Definition Audio" no longer appears under Sound...Controllers. If you see "High Definition Audio Device" that is the native driver, although in Win10 it can have a different name.

@Vamparics"it was worst with the windows auto driver update"

You might have to disable Windows Update to keep it from installing that "update". When you have the native driver installed, test it and see if you like it better.

Don't uninstall the native driver. Install the Realtek 6.0.1.8166 "over" the native driver.

=========================================================

If you want to try the version that Realtek offers on its site, do this:

To get one direct from the Realtek site,
1.Go to the Realtek downloads selection page.http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/
2. On the page click on "High Definition Audio Codecs".
3. Check "I accept" and then "next".
4. (optional) In the column named "Description" find the file named README and download it. That has the instructions for installing or updating.
5. In the column named "Description" select your operating system and whether it is 32bits or 64bits from the top 2 choices in the list.
6. In the column named "Download" click on one of the server names to download the driver.

5 Posts

February 16th, 2018 06:00

when i troubleshoot the sound it say generic audio driver what is this and how can i fix it the sound and mic quality is not the best :S i want someone with same laptop model tell me which audio driver they use without problems thanks in advance 

5 Posts

February 17th, 2018 08:00

my mic in online games and skype/discord when i speak to somone they walways tell me my mic is not good i am not sure if this is audio driver issue or network issue because when i try to record my voice it sound fine

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 17th, 2018 11:00

@Vamparics" generic audio driver what is this... "

The term "generic" audio driver could refer to a non-Realtek driver. such as the Windows native audio driver.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 17th, 2018 13:00

You can do a mic. test on skype.  Keep in mind it is a communications program so it might make a difference.

Don't forget the Sound UI you can start from the speaker icon.  You may need to adjust the levels or boost on a microphone.  Making sure which microphone is being used may help and you can do that by running your finger over the laptop's mic holes.

If you want someone with your exact system, you might going to one of their threads or see if you can send them a private message.

1 Message

February 17th, 2018 15:00

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7567 and i have sound issues, i tried different drivers for my sound card and i m still having BSOD after several updates.

if some one can help me it will be great.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 18th, 2018 03:00

@nbj wrote:

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7567 and i have sound issues, i tried different drivers for my sound card and i m still having BSOD after several updates.

if some one can help me it will be great.

Hello nbj. You need to start a new thread so that we can have a place to discuss your laptop issues. This thread is for discussing Vamparics laptop.

Go to the top of the Inspiron discussion board and click on "Start a Discussion".

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 20th, 2018 18:00

November 9th, 2018 17:00

I have the same issue with sounds crackling and generic audio driver...
No Events found!