Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 26th, 2018 14:00

ASF2 Force shut down on my 15 7567

My dell Inspiron 15 7567 has been force shutting down while on battery power. It doesn't do this when it is plugged in. This mostly happens after I have been playing games for a few mins, or after watching YouTube videos in Chrome for a half hour to an hour. The Laptop isn't that warm underneath at all. The BIOS classifies this as a ASF2 Force shut off. Event Viewer says Kernel- Processor Power (Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor- Power. "The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 31 seconds since the last report." Processor 0 goes from 0-4 in 4 different warnings. I usually have the system plugged in because of this and it is kinda frustrating that I have to be tied to wall because of Random shutdown's that I don't know when they will occur. I have reinstalled windows, updated the BIOS, and I don't know what else to do. What should I do? The system has never forced shut down while plugged in. Am I pushing my system too hard and the Battery can't deliver enough power or? Even while browsing the web in chrome it will still do it but it happens quicker when I game. I game on my GPU btw which is the GTX 1050 Ti. Thanks for any help as this has been happening for a while and I just got around to writing this. 

March 10th, 2019 18:00

Just got back into my account, and this issued has been fixed by an BIOS update and I can confirm that I have not had another force shut off since applying the new BIOS months ago. It has been great! 

• 

17K Posts

March 27th, 2018 07:00

raplover533,

Apologies for the issues you are having with your system. Click the link below and download the latest bios for your system, Version: 1.5.3 ,1.5.3. Once you have done this start the computer and tap the F2 key to enter the bios. Choose the option to Restore Defaults, save changes and exit. We will release new BIOS v1.6.0 to rectify this issue.  Once you have performed these steps if you would let me know if this resolved the issue or not as soon as possible. Thanks

Inspiron 7567 Bios Download

March 27th, 2018 12:00

I am sorry to say but this did not solve the issue. I updated to BIOS to the latest version 1.5.3, and restored defaults and the same issue happens. It isn't a big deal and I will keep my laptop even with this problem because I love it, however it **bleep** that I am tied to the wall with the charger. 

March 27th, 2018 12:00

Anything else to try or wait for the New BIOS? I can wait for it if needed.

No Events found!