Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 10th, 2020 20:00

ASF2 force off

Good day Guys, 

I bought a new Inspiron 15 5593, one week ago.Today my inspiron shutdown twice without any alarm, the first time I was in windows and it's get totally off, the second I was in the bios Manu and its resting and do windows check before long into windows. looked in windows to see if there report for the problem but I couldn't find it. I checked the bios Manu and I found this in BIOS log shows "ASF2 Fore off".So I wonder what happened and why? Is there a problem with my new laptop? Is it will do that regularly?

hope you can explain for me guys 

• 

25.1K Posts

July 10th, 2020 21:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

5 Posts

September 23rd, 2021 01:00

Have same errors (asf2, Acpi power management, power not applicable in bios POWER Events)

Dell Please stop saying it's windows problem, beacause if I removed all hard drives from laptop and run bios after cleared this errors before this problems still happens.

How solve problem ? Give more money to Dell and change motherboard for example 1000$....and then probably after few months same situation

5 Posts

October 21st, 2023 01:24

I experienced this issue with both an XPS 9570 and a Precision 5530 (more-or-less the same machine). Replacing the CMOS battery solved the issue for me – more details here.

No Events found!