Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

January 30th, 2018 10:00

Active pen / stylus compatible with Inspiron 15 5000 2 in 1?

Howdy - I'm looking to grab an active pen for an Inspiron 15 5000 2 in 1 but can't seem to find any information regarding compatibility.

I'm just having a look here but there isn't any available information regarding compatibility.

Has anybody picked up an active pen for this laptop that they could recommend?

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

January 30th, 2018 13:00

Only if your system arrived with an "active pen compatible" sticker on it will an active pen work.  If the system didn't have that sticker, it  has only a touchscreen - not the active digitizer a pen needs.

Only one model in the series (with an i5 CPU) shows active pen compatible.

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/inspiron-15-5000/spd/inspiron-15-5567-laptop/

Anything else is touchscreen only.

February 17th, 2018 21:00

*** Walmart got you covered -- $22.44 Blackweb Rechargeable Active Stylus ***

Hello, 

After reading your post and finding several other disappointing reviews, I had to search around and do my own research. And it was a little discouraging as Dell was trying to convince me that my laptop should be compatible, even though it did not have the pen on the sticker. I tried to explain that the About me section clearly stated touch support with 10 touch points. So after getting off the chat with Dell because I did not want to chance the online buy as many reviewers had already shared their disgust, I went to Best Buy with my laptop . And sure enough the Bamboo and other active styluses that worked for Microsoft Surface and any other 2-in-1 was not being recognized on my touch screen. 

So I had planned on upgraded my Dell but decided to go to Walmart, as I had thought about it earlier. And luckily I came across the Blackweb Rechargeable Active Stylus and it works! For only $22.44 +tax it is definitely worth the buy, if you ended buying the "Old" Dell Inspiron 15 2-1 5578. 

1 Message

November 30th, 2018 16:00

Well thanks for that info, helpful and disappointing and I will be sure to pass it on. I was recommending this to friends that lost everything in the Camp Fire and they liked the look of my newly arrived PC. I included a pen based on the recommendations for Essential accessories for your Inspiron 15 l5000 2-in-1 and was trying to demo it and the ease of set up. This purchase was a wait of money. I wanted touch screen and active pen with a 2 in 1 laptop. Their catalog is deceiving and it looks like I will not be buying Dells anymore. 

1 Message

September 4th, 2019 17:00

It works for Inspirion 13 5379 without active pen support ? Works all pen functions for u ?

1 Message

March 9th, 2020 11:00

so i can buy an active pen for this laptop

No Events found!