Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Rookie

• 

93 Posts

March 3rd, 2019 11:00

After Windows 10 Home 1809 update, my screen flickers

I have a Dell Inspiron 13-5368. My laptop recently received the Windows 10 1809 update. There were many issues to resolve, but I have not found a solution to this flashing display issue. I have installed the latest video driver for this system which is labeled "Version23.20.16.4973 ,A14". These steps describes the problem I see:

Open Microsoft Edge, from the task bar click the Edge button to minimize, then click the Edge button to maximize. I see a quick white square shaped flash, I also see the fonts on the web page in the browser go from a blurry look to a sharp focus. This all happens very fast. By repeating the max/min click on the task bar button it becomes obvious there's a problem.

Open the Services tool with the services.msc command. Again click the task bar button multiple times to the services tool to max/min it. In this case I see the black flash in the middle frame of the services tool when it is maximized.

Open the Windows 10 Settings and just like with Edge the fonts are blurry and then come into focus in a very quick manner, but is visible. Repeating the click of the task bar button makes it clear some thing is wrong.

I toggled off/on most of performance animation features and the transparency effects, but that did not have an effect either way. So, I'm wondering if other owners of this laptop are experiencing the same. If you found a solution. Or do we have to wait for Microsoft to acknowledge the problem and delivery a fix.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

March 3rd, 2019 15:00

Make sure all drivers come from Dell Downloads for your exact model. Go back to that page and use your service tag to make sure that driver applies to your laptop hardware. There are older versions available. See all the details about the driver you installed.--

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=dwxd9&oscode=wt64a&productcode=inspiron-13-5368-2-in-1-laptop

1 Rookie

• 

93 Posts

March 3rd, 2019 16:00

No Events found!