Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

5 Posts

September 3rd, 2022 13:00

Base System Device Driver for DELL Inspiron 1525 Laptop

September 3, 2022

Hi Dell Tech,

I'm NEW to this community and I need help for what I'm looking for....

I'm taking care of my Mom''s Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop which has Windows Vesta.

She has passed away 6 years ago, and I do like her laptop and I'm taking care of.it.

But I found out in the "Device Manager" that the "Base System Device" is missing a driver. 

There are 2 of "Base System Device" which I was able to cover the one driver.  Someone sent me the driver that worked.  But it doesn't cover the 2nd "Base System Device" as well. 

Here's the name of the driver that I received and it worked on the first Base System Device.

20428538_59898591f069c72e41b32bc26545f617003d32cb.zip

I was advised to rename it as "CAB" at the end of the name of the driver.

Then I was able to update the 1st Base System Device with that driver.  GREAT!!!

But I repeat the same step on the 2nd Base System Device, and Windows says: :Windows is Unable to find driver". 

So, maybe this 2nd Base System Device require a different driver for it????

This is a DELL Inspiron 1525 with Windows Vesta.

Hope all helps with answers.

Thank you for letting me join in.  Hope that I get answers and where to get such driver.

Thank you,

Eugene

Seatac, Washington

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

September 4th, 2022 06:00

I don't know what driver that would be from seeing the .zip file name.

Windows Vista  is unsupported and insecure. It does not receive security patches, so it should no longer be used on a PC connected to the Internet.

Given that this laptop model is over 14 years old, and was a budget model, it's likely never going to run Windows 10 with acceptable performance.

I would suggest that you back up any user files that you want to keep. Install a Linux OS made for weaker systems, such as Xubuntu or Lubuntu or Puppy. Or, install Chrome Flex. That can make an older, slower PC useful.

No Events found!