Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

2 Posts

November 6th, 2020 09:00

Battery Problem I Need To Ask About

Hello Dear Community Members!

I'm new in this platform and I hope someone can help this user about the problem I've just had.

I took my compputer to sleep mode while only Adobe Reader DC was running and its charge was full. But I couldn't open it afterwards.

1)The charger was plugged in during this but the battery light went off.

2)I unplugged every usb cables (a desktop cooler cable, harddisk cable and desklight cable ) and the charger and pressed the power button to reset but it didn't work either.

3) I unplugged the battery then plugged the charger and could open the computer.

4) I put the battery again after closing the computer and opened it again while the charger was plugged in and it opened but it said "battery is off".

5)I closed it with its battery in it and charger plugged in and waited a little to turn it on again.

6) I opened it and battery could be seen and it shows as %100 full.

My question is: Can this occurence cause problems in the future? What should I do right now? And what could cause such thing?

I hope someone helps me as I really need my computer right now...

Thank you for taking time and reading my question and for your help in advance.

November 6th, 2020 11:00

Okay, thank you so much!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 6th, 2020 11:00

You should always say what model computer you have in the body of the post. Your 5537 model computer is 5 years old and the battery has failed. You should be able to use just the adapter even with the battery removed until you replace the laptop. See this-- https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln128667/dell-laptop-battery-frequently-asked-questions?lang=en

The Battery meter is not accurate when the computer is plugged in. Do not buy a replacement battery online. Lots of scams online with batteries. Use it without a battery instead.

No Events found!