Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 26th, 2022 18:00

Bios Update for 7573

I have this laptop and am trying to update the bios. I currently have version 1.20.0 (8/18/2021) installed, and have tried numerous times and ways to do this "urgent" version 1.23.0 update but it just doesn't go thru. I have tried doing it online directly from the dell update page, and offline with the file saved to the desktop. The exe file goes thru all the normal activity, asks to suspend the encryption, does the extraction, supposedly installs, and restarts. Although when I view the "system information", it still lists the 1.20.0 version installed. I have never had an issue before with any other updates. I am not sure what else to try. I perused the community for ideas but haven't seen a solution for this particular model. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

May 27th, 2022 06:00

Do you have a recognized AC adapter connected, and a battery that's charged at least 50%?

10 Posts

May 27th, 2022 08:00

My battery is always fully charged, and I'm still using the plug-in that came with this laptop. Like I mentioned before, all previous updates went smoothly. 

10 Posts

May 27th, 2022 12:00

Well, not sure what was different but it finally accepted the update. I guess the 8th time is the charm.

No Events found!