Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

8 Posts

August 7th, 2020 05:00

Bluetooth problem after trying to install Windows 10 2004 update to Inspiron 3482

I have mistakenly installed the Windows 10 2004 update on my Inspiron 3482. This update is untested on this laptop. The laptop works fine except Bluetooth will not work. I have tried many fixes with Microsoft including reinstalling Windows 10. The update has evidently caused a hardware issue. If anyone has any experience with this issue please let me know. Thanks

• 

25.7K Posts

August 7th, 2020 05:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

August 7th, 2020 18:00

I have ran a BIOS flash and performed a pre-boot system assessment. The assessment found nothing wrong. When I run Windows 10 troubleshooter I get Bluetooth not installed on this device. I hit next and get I get check Bluetooth capability-detected with a yellow exclamation mark.

4 Operator

• 

159 Posts

August 7th, 2020 20:00

Hi, I have replied to you via a private message. 

Geoffrey

• 

25.7K Posts

August 7th, 2020 23:00

Hi,

We've asked you to update the driver on private message. 

August 7th, 2020 23:00

What am I doing wrong. Please give me detailed information. Very detailed information.

1 Message

September 20th, 2020 14:00

I have an inspiron, too.  Probably not the same model, but not sure.  Anyway, the 2004 update completely messes up the bluetooth.  I've tried pretty much everything.  Just uninstall the 2004 update and move on unless there's something you really fancy in that update.  That fixed it immediately for me.  Hard to believe that MS and Dell can't get this right, but apparently not.  Not sure what happens when the next big update comes out, but one step at a time. 

September 23rd, 2020 19:00

Thanks for the reply. Actually in my case I had to reseat the wireless card and restart the devise. Bluetooth is back to normal. Just wanted to post the fix incase someone else has the same problem.

No Events found!