Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

1 Message

February 20th, 2020 19:00

Cannot get touchscreen or touch pad scrolling working

I just got a new Dell Inspiron 14 5000. I took it to a computer guy to clone the hard drive from my old laptop so it would have all of my stuff. I brought it home and couldn't scroll using the touchpad, and that the touchscreen wasn't working. 

I've done a ton of research. I've tried troubleshooting. I've been in the devices manager and tried updating them. They were both in hidden devices, and I tried uninstalling the touchscreen, but when I went into Action - Scan for hardware changes, it didn't come back. I can't find where to install it. I've restarted the laptop several times and done a /scannow command. I've done pretty much everything that's been recommended. I really don't know what else to do, and I'm really frustrated because its a brand new laptop and doesn't do what it's supposed to do. I don't really know what to do. 

Edit: I've seen some things saying to 'disconnect the device from your computer,' how do you do that exactly? I'd assume that only for desktops and not laptops. 

• 

25.1K Posts

February 21st, 2020 13:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to write back whenever you are available.

1 Message

May 30th, 2021 03:00

Hello, i also have the same problem right now. My touchpad not working, can't scroll, can't click. Thanks God it works with mouse. 

Please give me solution.

No Events found!