Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 28th, 2021 10:00

DC jack replacement

Hi! I just replaced the dc jack of my inspiron 5558 and now the laptop wont charge. If I press the power button i get one white blink on the battery led and one green on the cd rom led and that’s it. Could someone help me what did I messed up? If I remove the battery and try to turn on the laptop literally nothing happens.

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

April 28th, 2021 11:00

Unplug the system and disconnect the battery from the system board.  Hold the power button for 30 sec and plug in the adapter -- see if the system will power up.

If it won't, consider trying an OEM replacement jack first.  If that doesn't solve the problem, replace the mainboard.

2 Posts

There was connection issues. The connection between the AC adapter and the jack was loose and I had to move it til I found a proper angle to begin the charge. The replacement jack is a third party product but I reinstalled the old jack and the problem is the same. It wont charge anymore. No matter what angle I find. Just the blink when I push the power button. 

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

Let's start with: what was the issue before the jack was replaced?  Did the system power up?  Or was it just failure to charge due to an unrecognized AC adapter?

Is the replacement jack OEM or third party?

Also verify that the AC adapter is working -- try on another system (or at minimum, verify that its LED is on before you plug it into the system).

1 Message

June 18th, 2021 16:00

Do you keep the power button pushed after 30 sec while pluging in or release power button then plug in

1 Message

January 15th, 2024 17:57

@n1cE​ I am having this described problem above^. How should I go about fixing this? 

No Events found!