Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 18th, 2020 20:00

DELL INSPIRON 5000 Series 5538 SCREEN REPLACEMENT

Hi all, i have been using dell Inspiron 5000 series model 5538 since 2015, but unfortunately I am facing screen problem after 1-2 hour of daily use, my laptop's screen starts getting pink, bluish and whole system got hanged because of it I can't even use it further

I want a solution for these, is there any path to replace the screen and what will be the actual cost if there is a solution to replace the screen.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

May 19th, 2020 03:00

First thing to do is verify that it IS the screen (in which case the fault will appear in a self-test;  hold D through powerup to test the screen).  If it is the screen, depending on whether it's a touch model or not, it will run between well under $100 to double or triple that, plus labor.

If the screen tests fine, you may have a video cable issue -- or a GPU failure.  In the former case, significant disassembly will be required to check and/or replace the cable - or the mainboard in the latter case.

2 Posts

May 23rd, 2020 20:00

Still difficult to understand the solution can u send steps how I can test the screen 

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

May 24th, 2020 04:00

Press the D key and hold it.  While holding D, press the power button and start the system.  You should see a series of screen tests run.

No Events found!