Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

3 Posts

May 23rd, 2020 04:00

Dell 15 5570 stuck in start up loop after update

3 days ago I was prompted to do an update on my Dell Inspirion 15 5570, and now my laptop is stuck in this start up loop and will not boot to Windows, can someone please help me. Here's exactly what happens when I power it on:

1) It makes it past Dell logo.

2) The blue bar fills all the way.

3) Circle spins.

4) It quickly flashes 2 messages:

A- Attempting to recover installation.

B- Undoing changes made to your computer.

( In my opinion it doesnt have time to do either because next, it shuts down and restarts, and this is what it does over and over, it wont go any further then this.)

Ive read several times that if I cycle my laptop on and off 3 times, after the 3rd attempt to boot has failed, Windows 10 will automatically boot into Windows Recovery Enviroment, but mine does not mine goes to Support Assist and does a system scan, Ive allowed that scan to completely finish and no issues were detected with the laptop so it definately has something to do with that update. Because it goes to Support Assist after 3 boot attempts Im not even sure how to get to Windows Recovery Enviroment to try the steps I read about. Im even willing to do a factory reset to see if that helps, but I cant even figure out how to get to that. If anyone has any suggestions Id greatly appreciate it. Im not very good with.computers and computer language, so if you could explain your suggestions as if you were talking to a 7th grader it would help me tremendously. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about my dilemma and any advice you might have to offer.

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

May 23rd, 2020 06:00

One suggestion I have read is to create a bootable USB flash drive using Media Creation Tool on another working PC.

Boot into the USB and choose Repair.

3 Posts

May 23rd, 2020 08:00

Great idea, I will certainly try that when I get home and let you know how I made out. Thank you very much

3 Posts

May 23rd, 2020 08:00

Im Not that good working on computer stuff?, when I go to create the bootable usb flash drive is there a certain thing in Media Creation Tool Ill be looking for to create the usb drive or will I just have one option?

No Events found!